Notorious Steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey guys got a question about my steering. So basically my question is. since changing my servo I can't manually turn my wheels by hand . All my other RC's I can manually turn my wheels and only this one I can't. Everything is on correctly pillow balls are not tight servo saver is not super tight servo works fine when on but won't move when off. It's a HV servo and running a bec. Am I just overthinking this and should just let it be since it works fine when running it. or should I keep trying to figure out what's going on

Hey guys got a question about my steering. So basically my question is. since changing my servo I can't manually turn my wheels by hand . All my other RC's I can manually turn my wheels and only this one I can't. Everything is on correctly pillow balls are not tight servo saver is not super tight servo works fine when on but won't move when off. It's a HV servo and running a bec. Am I just overthinking this and should just let it be since it works fine when running it. or should I keep trying to figure out what's going on
Is this with the power on or off? Power on your should not be able to move them. Power off you should be able to. You can check to see if it’s a servo issue or binding by removing the servo horn and then turn the wheels by hand.

Is this with the power on or off? Power on your should not be able to move them. Power off you should be able to. You can check to see if it’s a servo issue or binding by removing the servo horn and then turn the wheels by hand.
Both with power on or off won't move by hand. With power on it works like normal turns fine plenty of power and speed no whining from the servo nothing. But when powered off it won't budge. And when I remove it from the servo horn everything swings nice and freely. I have no idea what's going on. It's nothing really serious because it works but it drives me crazy knowing for some reason it won't move like it should

Both with power on or off won't move by hand. With power on it works like normal turns fine plenty of power and speed no whining from the servo nothing. But when powered off it won't budge. And when I remove it from the servo horn everything swings nice and freely. I have no idea what's going on. It's nothing really serious because it works but it drives me crazy knowing for some reason it won't move like it should
That sounds odd. The servo shouldn’t have that much holding power without electricity going to it. ??‍♂️

And I just rebuilt my truck and replaced the bellcrank with the hot racing bellcrank and i
That sounds odd. The servo shouldn’t have that much holding power without electricity going to it. ??‍♂️
I've tried everything and nothing works. I've replaced the bushing in the bell crank to bearings. I replaced the Ackerman plate then I replaced the steering posts adjusted servo saver and pillow balls then I replaced the bell crank to the hot racing aluminium one and nothing changes

And I just rebuilt my truck and replaced the bellcrank with the hot racing bellcrank and i

I've tried everything and nothing works. I've replaced the bushing in the bell crank to bearings. I replaced the Ackerman plate then I replaced the steering posts adjusted servo saver and pillow balls then I replaced the bell crank to the hot racing aluminium one and nothing changes
What about turning just the servo horn with the power off?

so first, you should not be cranking the wheels by hand.. there is no need, and if you put enough pressure it can damage the servo.. turning the wheels back and forth has always been a no no.. especially back in the day with all the weak gear sets..

second you say its an external bec... how is it hooked up? direct to battery power? cause its not going to cut power with the on off switch if its direct to battery power.. the battery would need to be unplugged..
oh oh, and third... love the screen name and avatar...??

I know you shouldn't turn the wheels when off but they should move. The bec is hooked up to the esc positive to positive and negative to negative to both leads from the esc. then I deleted the power wire from the esc that runs to the receiver

I know you shouldn't turn the wheels when off but they should move. The bec is hooked up to the esc positive to positive and negative to negative to both leads from the esc. then I deleted the power wire from the esc that runs to the receiver

not true.. depending on the gear set and motor used it may not move... hv servos can be constructed like stepper auger motors.. you will not get them to rotate...also lets get back to the battery.. there was no concern about how the bec is hooked up,. is battery unplugged?
not true.. depending on the gear set and motor used it may not move... hv servos can be constructed like stepper auger motors.. you will not get them to rotate...also lets get back to the battery.. there was no concern about how the bec is hooked up,. is battery unplugged?

It depends on the build of the servo you’re using. Normal imo
My Promodeler 470 servo won’t move unless I turn the power on without a battery to let the fan deplete the residual voltage in the capacitors. That’s the only time I can move the wheels back n forth w/o power

It depends on the build of the servo you’re using. Normal imo
My Promodeler 470 servo won’t move unless I turn the power on without a battery to let the fan deplete the residual voltage in the capacitors. That’s the only time I can move the wheels back n forth w/o power
Then that's it because I'm running that exact servo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back