Steps to run windows 11 in BIOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm Haven't heard of that. The BIOS in a computer stands for Basic Input Output System, Its your firmware implanted on your BIOS chip on your motherboard, Windows 11 is an operating system that runs from your hard drive so its 2 different systems. Now you might have an option in your motherboard bios that would make it possible to run windows 11 if its a newer system but you would have to check. Most BIOS are entered during the boot process using f2, del, f10 (check to see what your manufacture uses.

Hmmm Haven't heard of that. The BIOS in a computer stands for Basic Input Output System, Its your firmware implanted on your BIOS chip on your motherboard. Now you might have an option in your motherboard bios that would make it possible to run windows 11 if its a newer system but you would have to check. Most BIOS are entered during the boot process using f2, del, f10 (check to see what your manufacture uses.

Yes, I've heard that there a few things to turn on or off in BIOS to make 11 happen.

Well, if the bios is not flashed for 11 then you might get some weird bugs or worse.
I would stay away from 11 for now anyway, too buggy from what I heard and read.
Why you want 11? some
specific reason?
Just read your article, hell no. Lol 😂

There are no additional chips needed, that requirement was removed years ago. It turned into a simple setting to simulate that functionality.
At any rate, stay away for now unless you have a real need for it.

Windows 11 reqires TPM 2.0, which is a setting that can be enabled/disabled in the BIOS. Some manufacturers have or will release updates to their TPM platform to better support Windows 11, but the "problem" was blown way out of proportion by "tech writers" who don't really understand how things work...it runs on pretty much anything modern, it's just some manufacturers needed to update their platform...it's essentially a driver update. As far as stability, I've been running 11 in 5 lab/test environments for about 6 months. 3 "corporate" style environments and 2 "normal use" environments, one of which is used for gaming by my nephews. None of them have had any significant issues and have been as stable as 10...actually moreso in the corporate side considering the amount of Windows 10 updates MS have released that f'd up things like printing. I've also got Server 2022 running in 3 test environments, one serving as a DC, one running SCCM, and one functioning as a file/print server. Same story...every bit as stable as 2019 so far.

The only reason Win 11 wouldn't run on a pre-UEFI board is if Microsoft wanted it that way. Windows 7 and 10 didn't seem to mind, because UEFI can be emulated on older boards by the OS upon installation.

Edit: Manufacturers have nothing to gain by rewriting BIOS or drivers for outdated products. I have plenty of relevant hot-rod PC hardware that would work well into the future with the right support, but it's not about that, it's about profits.

The only reason Win 11 wouldn't run on a pre-UEFI board is if Microsoft wanted it that way. Windows 7 and 10 didn't seem to mind, because UEFI can be emulated on older boards by the OS upon installation.

Exactly...it's a design to keep people from installing it on a 16 year old laptop and then complaining. Honestly MS is slowly adopting an Apple business model. They'll always be somewhat hardware agnostic but the days of putting Windows on literally anything are done.

Windows 11 has/had some pre-requirements for a TPM module and I think an Intel 8th Gen CPU (not sure on AMD) as a minimum (plus some other things). There are plenty of utils (or registry tweaks) out there that will bypass those either as an upgrade path or fresh install. I have Win 11 running on PCs that don't meet the minimum requirements and they are all fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back