Still trying to wrap my head around 1/1 electric race cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1:1 is just full scale RC technology. It was technology driven by the Aerospace Industry many years back. Battery management etc. All trickle down technology.

The sound of this fan car just reminds me of a scaled up slot car from when we were kids. šŸ˜œ Some serious performance though.
Manā€¦I used to take my son to a huge slot car race track in San Jose, CA 20 years ago. The cars were about 8ā€ long and the tracks were massive! We spent hours racing rented slot cars and having a blast.
Thanks for the memory pull there man šŸ˜Š

The sound of this fan car just reminds me of a scaled up slot car from when we were kids. šŸ˜œ Some serious performance though.

Can't wait to see the day when battery technology matures to a point of capability to fully charge within a couple of seconds.. That's when electric racing will truly take off.

I think electronic racing is cool and just opens up more classes. I know the die hards hate it and are fully against it

I work on internal combustion engines for a living and with all the EPA regulations there are so many limiting factors and Electric has some benefits. I am not on the Tesla band wagon just saying

But on the flip side we had a brand new full electric Local city bus in the shop and it had a bad lipo this pack was the size of a small couch and cost 65,000$ and there are 4 lipo packs

Batteries have come a long way in resent years but in my opinion still are not there yet

Should be cool to see what they come up with in the next 6-10 years

While the performance is undoubtedly amazing, only combustion engines will ever get me to half mast.

This is so cool, the speed and sound is awesome! I just had to show my wife.
ā€œHoney, look at this, a 1:1 electric race car!ā€
ā€œOh wow! Waitā€¦you mean itā€™s people size?ā€
šŸ˜šŸ˜‚
ā€œYes dear, itā€™s ā€˜peopleā€™ size.ā€
I just love her šŸ¤£

That's me driving my new RAV4 hybrid. Well that's what I imagine I look like šŸ˜†

Formal e (electric version of formal 1 ) has 22 cars in it this year

There is stupid amounts of $$$ involved in formal racing

That have had 7 seasons so things must be looking up

It's practically here already! >>> (starting around 6 years ago)

Yeah I've seen these vehicles. I think there's some argument as to what the point of it is beyond an academic exercise. Removing humans from racing is like sucking the soul from a person. It's a lifeless husk of its former self. No passion. No heart. No AI will ever produce a Juan Manuel Fangio.

"The 1957 German Grand Prix which is now part of F1 folklore as arguably the greatest performance ever produced by any driver at any race.

Fangio pitted and rejoined 50 seconds behind with 10 laps remaining, and came back breaking the lap record 9 times (7 in successive laps). By lap 19 (of 22) he was only 13 seconds behind Peter Collins and Mike Hawthorn, and his next lap record was eight-times quicker than the pole position time - also his. By the end, he won the race by a 3-second margin."

If memory serves, he was drunk at the time.

Have you seen that Ford Van on that festival as well; the ā€˜fastest delivery vanā€˜ in the world? Electric and 2000hp. Faster than the Bugatti Veyron and ChironšŸ˜‰.
Me: Hello I would like to order two pizza pepperoni. Yes delivered please. *doorbell rings* . Ohh gotta hang up now, I see your delivery guy at the door!ā€ šŸ¤£

I think it won't be long before the Formula e cars are driverless.
Wouldn't that just make it a REALLY cool and FAST RC car?!?! šŸ¤£ Maybe by then some of us would qualify as drivers!!!! (y)šŸ¤£

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back