Infraction Stock Infraction setup for speed runs how much battery is too much for the esc to handle to keep electronics from frying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVInfraction

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hello, all Have an Infraction and I really love speed running it I am still new and learning my truck would like to know what is the highest MAH Battery and C rating the Stock ESC and motor can handle haven't even changed pinions yet but want to buy CNHL racing series batteries to hopefully get longer run times and is it true the C rating is more subjective sale ploy, or will it increase my power being put down to the road?
Not really aiming that high yet. Would like to see it reach 90 mph and start upward from there eventually please let me know even if there are better speed run batteries recommended over the CNHLs really just trying to increase speed and run times without pushing the stock electronics to hard don't want them to cook so trying to stay within the esc and motor tolerances before upgrading.

That’s not how batteries work. They don’t push the current. The motor pulls the current.

There is no such thing as too much battery, other than weight and size concerns.
Ahh I see thank you for clarifying. Im still a noob just trying to keep within the parameter's thanks for the speedy replies.
Wouldn’t waste time on stock system. Not trying to be a jerk or anything. But the stock esc is very limited
Yea I'm just trying to learn it first. Plan to upgrade but not immediately still need to decide what set ups I want to upgrade Too.castle,hobbywing etc.

Ahh I see thank you for clarifying. Im still a noob just trying to keep within the parameter's thanks for the speedy replies.

Yea I'm just trying to learn it first. Plan to upgrade but not immediately still need to decide what set ups I want to upgrade Too.castle,hobbywing etc.

Everyone was new at first.

I'd run the stock until you max it out and feel you need more.

I feel like the Firma 150 ESC is being pushed pretty hard right out of the box.

I turn the timing down to 0 as soon as I get them now.

Unless you are happy with stock performance be prepared to get out that 💰 😉.

I feel like the Firma 150 ESC is being pushed pretty hard right out of the box.

I turn the timing down to 0 as soon as I get them now.

Unless you are happy with stock performance be prepared to get out that 💰 😉.

Absolutely something to keep in mind.. the box stock timing setting is quite high and will make unnecessary heat for very little extra speed..

You will be just fine with the factory esc/ motor for street bashing, just pull the timing down to at least lower than 15 degree's..

Enjoy the rig..👍

I have a pretty inexpensive battery that’ll give you some good run times!

I’m currently clearing all my stock to retire, so let me know if you’re interested!

www.redondobeachrc.com

My last set of speedrun batteries will be here in a couple of weeks

Wouldn’t waste time on stock system. Not trying to be a jerk or anything. But the stock esc is very limited
+1
100%
Been there.
I would try different pinion sizes. Baby steps. Seems you think a better lipo will get you way more speed. Not so as stated above. Yeah many supposed 100C lipos in reality are only measuring 35C in many cases. AMP cutting is a thing with the stock ESC.. Not to mention heat.
Better get yourself a temp gun. Much needed. Learn about this first. Don't expect much more than 100mph with the stock electrics. My GPS Speed analyzer does not lie. 98mph is the most I get ( with a tail wind) and all I expect with my stock Infr. Running Space and Radio range is the most important consideration. The stocker radio has poor range IMHO.
Speed gear plus one higher tooth, it is maxxed out . I wont push it anymore. Not realistic IMHO.

Last edited:
+1
100%
Been there.
I would try different pinion sizes. Baby steps. Seems you think a better lipo will get you way more speed. Not so as stated above. Yeah many supposed 100C lipos in reality are only measuring 35C in many cases. AMP cutting is a thing with the stock ESC.. Not to mention heat.
Better get yourself a temp gun. Much needed. Learn about this first. Don't expect much more than 100mph with the stock electrics. My GPS Speed analyzer does not lie. 98mph is the most I get ( with a tail wind) and all I expect with my stock Infr. Running Space and Radio range is the most important consideration. The stocker radio has poor range IMHO.
Speed gear plus one higher tooth, it is maxxed out . I wont push it anymore. Not realistic IMHO.
Yes, thank you for you input I would be very happy to see it reach 98 mph with speed gear installed stock. I have bought a better radio (M17) for it. Currently need to get a few things to get it bound to the truck to get far greater range. Currently trying to find a charger and microSD (class 4) to (class 6)card for it

Last edited:
Which radio do you run?
The Stocker?

Hi steve currently my Infaction is bound to the stock spectrum DX3 and im going to upgrade it to m17 Sanwa Airtronics radio.But I'm seeing a problem on their site. They have three firmware's updates available .8.9. and10. 8,9, can be downloaded to my computer but the sanwas page site info in the top left corner of computers search bar says unsecure. However, number 10 comes from the sanwa page my cpu says is secure page but when i try the .10 it says cannot download securely and will not download so now I'm not sure which one it needs 10 wont work and the others .8,.9come from what looks like sanwas page but not sure if the page is correct when it says connection to those sites are not secure.

Can you try and find a mirrored link for the latest F/W update?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back