Outcast STRC chassis braces for outcast?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone happen to see these at amain or try them?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/st-rac...ont-chassis-brace-red-sptstr320446fr/p1160972
a few bucks cheaper than the Hot racing ones. I may try these out to replace my stock ones on my V2. I was going to do Hot racing but these look nice
They've been making aluminum upgrades for TRX for quite some time now, so I'm sure the quality would be there. Nice to see more companies starting to provide Arrma upgrades.
Here's a link to their parts list for Arrma
http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?r...ord=Arrma&category_id=0&description=1&model=1

STRC makes good stuff. They used to make stuff for the 2wd models. Not sure what took them so long to make stuff for the current vehicles.

I'm glad to see other companies making upgrades, especially at a lower price point. I might give them a shot, I'll post pictures once in stock. I have the hot racing center diff brace, servo mount, and diff cover on my V2. It'll be nice to throw some red in there!

I ordered the STRC braces along with a yeah racing twin motor fan. I will update everyone with some pics once I receive them and get them installed!

So I installed the STRC chassis braces on my outcast and I love the look. Nice and solid design seems to match the stock red aluminum very closely. I did notice the rear driveshaft rubs on the cut out of the rear chassis brace. You can see a slight mark on the rear drive from rolling it. Should I be worried or should I run it a bit and they will wear into each other?

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_203325.jpg
    IMG_20200205_203325.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200205_203345.jpg
    IMG_20200205_203345.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 49
So I installed the STRC chassis braces on my outcast and I love the look. Nice and solid design seems to match the stock red aluminum very closely. I did notice the rear driveshaft rubs on the cut out of the rear chassis brace. You can see a slight mark on the rear drive from rolling it. Should I be worried or should I run it a bit and they will wear into each other?
They should have made a notch in the rear brace to accommodate the rear shaft. ??‍♂️

They did. There is a groove cut out for the rear drive shaft. It does spin freely. I think a small piece is just rubbing
Should be fine then. You might want to pull that read dogbone and check to make sure it’s straight but otherwise run it.

Pulled it out. You can see a small spot where the shaft has rubbed a bit. I imagine they would wear into each other after a few revolutions under lipo power. Other than that I have no complaints. I love how they look.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_204353.jpg
    IMG_20200205_204353.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 42
Yeah these dogbones seem to oscillate under full power. Some worse than others. I wouldn’t be too worried. ??

Works for me. They'll work in. They really make that chassis feel solid. I was going to go hot racing but these were a few bucks cheaper. I have to say I'm happy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back