Typhon Are center chassis braces needed if a t2t carbon fiber brace is used?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Im pretty sure it wont fit with the Typhon shell, but with a truck body would a T2T without center braces be enough support? Im running the TLR chassis with this build.

Support for what? Driving into a curb at 50mph? Jumping it 30 ft high? Just driving around in the backyard?

Im pretty sure it wont fit with the Typhon shell, but with a truck body would a T2T without center braces be enough support? Im running the TLR chassis with this build.
you mite as well put them on are you trying to save weight or something :unsure:

Parking lot bashing, so curb impacts hopefully not at 50, lol. Saw someone else mention running the t2t only but no updates to the thread so not sure how it worked out. I just thought it could save weight and make diff servicing a little easier if others had success running without them. Was planning to still use them otherwise.

Parking lot bashing, so curb impacts hopefully not at 50, lol. Saw someone else mention running the t2t only but no updates to the thread so not sure how it worked out. I just thought it could save weight and make diff servicing a little easier if others had success running without them. Was planning to still use them otherwise.

I feel like its cheap insurance myself just to run them. They add a lot of rigidity in a crash imo.
Take them out and have just the t2t.. try twisting the shock towers at the same time in the same direction (forward or back) and see if you can flex the chassis. I'll bet you can. If you do it with the other 2 braces ill bet you can feel a significant increase in chassis stiffness. In a crash the forces will be greater.

Im going to go ahead and run them for street bashing. If I ever go back to dirt and Im just running some 4s laps on the small dirt track (no jumps), thats probably an okay time to leave them off since I don't get up much speed. Rest of the time I'll run them.

If you want to save weight, get rid of the truck body and the T2T brace and run the buggy body and plastic chassis braces.

Was considering it mainly because accessing everything would be easier with a t2t and no center braces.
I have 3 compressed neck nerves that cause a lot of numbness and pain in my hands, so anything that makes wrenching a little easier is a big help.
Of course if its going to lead to a destroyed chassis, thats not much help, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back