Talion XL Talion street conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've had so many hours of fun with my street Typhon and rock crawlers the last few months and had only 1 minor repair that needed to be done. I've got the XL Talion and Notorious for off road and realize I'd rather have another street rig than 2 off road rigs. Planning to keep the Notorious because is smaller and I have more places to run it. Trying to figure out what options I have with the Talion. Currently its on a XLWB chassis.
Could convert it to an Infraction, or go the cheaper route and get Typhon arms/driveshafts and leave the Talion body. Anybody else convert an XLWB off road rig to a street basher? All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm missing anything, but cheapest/easiest way to get low cg and narrow would be:

Limitless towers/shocks from Monster Kingz, about $55
Typhon arms & driveshafts from Jennys, about $45
Rear Typhon camber links (already got a spare pair set)

For myself, I'd get Typhon arms and whole typhon suspension but with stiffer springs for on-road fun. In my area, the parking lots are torn up like the rest of MI roads. Infraction too low. Would bottom out everywhere. I'd definitely go 8s.

I did it with a stretched mojave chassis and 1/5 grp's for a while. also did a mojave with the same look

street mojave5.jpg

stretched mojave 3.jpg

stretched mojave 7.jpg

Nice. How does the quicrun combo work for you? I got one and put it in a Typhon to Senton 6s conversion, but haven't ran it yet.
I’m in the same boat. Saw exocaged and another guy used them on larger trucks so it should be good. We’ll see, I know this one will be at wide open or at least a lot more throttle for longer though than an off road truck would have been 😂

Parts are ordered:
View attachment 358567
View attachment 358568

Went ahead with the Limitless shocks/towers because the parking lots I use are fairly new with no cracks or bumps. Looking forward to swapping things up, should get here Saturday or Monday.
That's gonna be a lean mean, low to the ground machine. Would like to see the progress. No hurry. No stress, but hopefully you'll have it ready for the warmer weather.

I’m in the same boat. Saw exocaged and another guy used them on larger trucks so it should be good. We’ll see, I know this one will be at wide open or at least a lot more throttle for longer though than an off road truck would have been 😂
Yeah, Do Rc. He put it in a 7th scale Hoboa Hyper MT. I put an aluminum C-Clamp type 40mm fan mount on the motor, covered with aluminum screen mesh. For the ESC, I got a much better, faster 30mm aluminum fan, but it will not fit. Specs are the same, but no dice, so the slow stock fan stays for now. I wish there was an aftermarket aluminum fan mount for a 35mm fan for it. Crossing my fingers for when it finally gets run.

Last edited:
Just thought about it, with it being longer I’d prob aim for the rear hoons from the felony or get the just bash it adapters to run the 1/5 grp’s so it won’t look like it skipped leg day as bad too 👍🏻

You may want to try it initially just lowered down and see what you think of the handling.
It looks funny but you may like the way it drives.

I took this Kraton to 96 mph with only the GRP tires and a limitless spool. All original 6s electronics.

speed 1.jpg

You may want to try it initially just lowered down and see what you think of the handling.
It looks funny but you may like the way it drives.

I took this Kraton to 96 mph with only the GRP tires and a limitless spool. All original 6s electronics.

View attachment 358601
That works! That's impressive, at least to me. Yeah, to run pavement, one can improvise with what they already have for the most part. Sometimes though, a more purpose built machine is just too tempting. Especially for planning and building. Another bonus to the hobby, obviously. But much respect to using what ya' got and get that far.

That works! That's impressive, at least to me. Yeah, to run pavement, one can improvise with what they already have for the most part. Sometimes though, a more purpose built machine is just too tempting. Especially for planning and building. Another bonus to the hobby, obviously. But much respect to using what ya' got and get that far.
Yep agreed, a lot of the hobby is looks and what appeals to you.
I really like the look of a stretched Typhon for street use also.

That Kraton was my first Arrma from 4-5 years ago. That was the entry point for me of a deep rabbit hole of speed running....

I focused on low cell speed running 2s, 3s, and 4s.
I took a 1/7 scale Hobao VTE2 car to 114 on 2s, 134 on 3s and 146 on 4s.

Yep agreed, a lot of the hobby is looks and what appeals to you.
I really like the look of a stretched Typhon for street use also.

That Kraton was my first Arrma from 4-5 years ago. That was the entry point for me of a deep rabbit hole of speed running....

I focused on low cell speed running 2s, 3s, and 4s.
I took a 1/7 scale Hobao VTE2 car to 114 on 2s, 134 on 3s and 146 on 4s.
Dayyyum! That's efficiency.

I've had so many hours of fun with my street Typhon and rock crawlers the last few months and had only 1 minor repair that needed to be done. I've got the XL Talion and Notorious for off road and realize I'd rather have another street rig than 2 off road rigs. Planning to keep the Notorious because is smaller and I have more places to run it. Trying to figure out what options I have with the Talion. Currently its on a XLWB chassis.
Could convert it to an Infraction, or go the cheaper route and get Typhon arms/driveshafts and leave the Talion body. Anybody else convert an XLWB off road rig to a street basher? All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Not exactly your ask but what I have here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ankenstein-talion-kraton-thank-you-sir.62067/

• Max6 (only “used” item on the car)
  • TP4050 2100kv motor
  • Castle Creations 12S CapPack 880UF Capacitor Pack (50V - PT# CSE 011-0002-02)
  • DOVERC RC Servo: 35kg Servo High Torque Servo RC Steering Servo RC Crawler Servo Full Aluminum Case for 1/8 1/10 1/12 RC Car/Boat with 25t Servo Horn (Control Angle 180°)
  • Infraction shocks & towers
  • Infraction arms, CVDs, and /dog-bones
  • M2C upper hinge block
  • M2C ESC mounting plate
  • Basherqueen T2T brace
  • Basherqueen Ackerman plate
  • M2C rear chassis brace
  • Kraton chassis
  • Diffs at shipment
    • Typhon\Infraction v1 open diffs
  • Pinion: 24T

Got the parts in yesterday. They sent aluminum towers instead of carbon fiber. Funny thing is I almost ordered aluminum to start with. Now that I see them with the silver shocks I like the look so Im keeping them, lol. Will start working on it this evening.
1000005964.jpg

Got the parts in yesterday. They sent aluminum towers instead of carbon fiber. Funny thing is I almost ordered aluminum to start with. Now that I see them with the silver shocks I like the look so Im keeping them, lol. Will start working on it this evening.
View attachment 359889
Like Bob Ross. Happy accident. Huh, 🤔 that sounds kind of bad in hindsight.

Back