Big Rock Strengthening Big Rock 6s chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I bought a set of EXB chassis braces (ARA320568 120mm and ARA320565 118mm) to replace the plastic ARA320620 units. Although they bolt on nicely, the EXB units don’t have the protruded part that snaps into the chassis. So the stress is now transferred entirely onto the screws. I’m not fond of this idea.

So I bought the Scotched RC titanium rear skid plate to help keep things tight. The problem is that the BR chassis does not have the two (forward) access holes needed to successfully install the brace to its full advantage.

I printed out some bushings to help with drilling of the chassis. Some might say, “just scribe the hole and use an automatic centerpunch. Don’t over complicate things!”. True, but I’m all about quality and precision. I don't "eyeball" things.

Hopefully this helps out someone else looking to beef-up their BR6s chassis (stock ARA320732 or 7075-T6 ARA320610).

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a set of EXB chassis braces (ARA320568 120mm and ARA320565 118mm) to replace the plastic ARA320620 units. Although they bolt on nicely, the EXB units don’t have the protruded part that snaps into the chassis. So the stress is now transferred entirely onto the screws. I’m not fond of this idea.

So I bought the Scotched RC titanium rear skid plate to help keep things tight. The problem is that the BR chassis does not have the two (forward) access holes needed to successfully install the brace to its full advantage.

I printed out some bushings to help with drilling of the chassis. Some might say, “just scribe the hole and use an automatic centerpunch. Don’t over complicate things!”. True, but I’m all about quality and precision. I don't "eyeball" things.

Hopefully this helps out someone else looking to beef-up their BR6s chassis (stock ARA320732 or 7075-T6 ARA320610).

View attachment 338416

View attachment 338417

View attachment 338418

View attachment 338419

View attachment 338420

View attachment 338421

View attachment 338422

View attachment 338423

That's some tight
spank carls jr GIF

precision right there..👍

M2C braces are keyed. My Mojave. I also got a generic AMZ set of them that were also keyed. My FT.(y)

>>>> I specifically avoided the EXB XLWB braces because they were NOT keyed. Did my research first. Others here stated seeing the same.
For that reason, I avoided the EXB ones.
Weird why Arrma did that. Absolutely a Design error, IMHO. What else?
I would absolutely have returned the EXB braces. :unsure:

I’ve w
M2C braces are keyed. My Mojave. I also got a generic AMZ set of them that were also keyed. My FT.(y)

>>>> I specifically avoided the EXB XLWB braces because they were NOT keyed. Did my research first. Others here stated seeing the same.
I’ve wondered how much difference a keyed brace would have over non keyed

I know the kraton and out/noto chassis never allowed for keyed braces .. Not sure if they had issues using non keyed braces?

^^^
Well if you never sheared the brace screws before, you wouldn't know. I have before on my K6s. The brace becomes ruined beyond use. The chassis' brace hole(s) gets Ovaled out also. Not worth chancing with a NON keyed set of braces. (n) I would absolutely make sure to buy Keyed Braces. Especially with any XLWB chassis. M2C and even some Generic braces are keyed. Whatever brand your wallet can handle. Every XLWB chassis out the box needs Alloy and Keyed braces. First recommended Upgrade IMHO. I have 3 XLWB rigs here. No brace issues ever encountered. There is a reason why the chassis has the Keyed brace notches.

Last edited:
^^^
Nice find.... Love that setup!! Design and all. I see how they did that.:p

^^^
Nice find.... Love that setup!! Design and all. I see how they did that.:p
Yeah looking forward to trying it out!
These ADU parts look amazing!
Spoke with the owner he confirmed all parts 7075 aluminum billet cnc

And the fact they are not just copying but actually creating new parts shows me they are serious!

Yes I can clearly see that they were thinking "outside the box" and not just copying parts like the rest. Nice stuff there absolutely. Great find. 7075 and all. (y) (y)
They raised the center diff a hair. An advantage for large motors.

Just check Aliexpress. No color options given so I reached out to seller and asked. Now I wait.

Just check Aliexpress. No color options given so I reached out to seller and asked. Now I wait.
Bateman's custom coatings on facebook can probably make them whatever color you want. I've sent him plenty of parts to anodize.

If you look at the EXB diffs on the 8s they flubbed the design there by removing the keys. They make great stuff, but I scratch my head at some of their decisions.

Back