Granite Stripped Input Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should i check the diffs out of the box for grease or smth? i mean the input and the crown gear!
cause i've been running my granite for like 6-7 packs and didn't check the input gear for grease, should i do it? if so, why do guys say they've gotten into problems after their first maintenance?

should i check the diffs out of the box for grease or smth? i mean the input and the crown gear!
cause i've been running my granite for like 6-7 packs and didn't check the input gear for grease, should i do it? if so, why do guys say they've gotten into problems after their first maintenance?
any answer guys?!
should i post a thread to get answer?

It may not be absolutely necessary if you're running fine, but it's a good idea to check your diffs for fluid and grease. Maintenance won't cause problems if it's done properly.

any answer guys?!
should i post a thread to get answer?
Agree with GRC if you are running it and it is fine...

However, we all know they do come low on fluid so I would not wait until 20x runs per the manual before checking them. Somewhere between 10-15 packs, I would do early maintenance or check.

Agree with GRC if you are running it and it is fine...

However, we all know they do come low on fluid so I would not wait until 20x runs per the manual before checking them. Somewhere between 10-15 packs, I would do early maintenance or check.
Parcou, you refer to a manual in regards of maintenance for the diff. I looked everywhere and for the life of me I cant find this stupid manual. I found nothing like a maintenance manual in my brand new granite box. No reference to any oil and or maintenance schedule and recommendation. I visited the arrma site also , especially for the granite , i could find all kind of manual but not one with any oil and or grease spec ....and or maint schedule can you help here ? thanks

Parcou, you refer to a manual in regards of maintenance for the diff. I looked everywhere and for the life of me I cant find this stupid manual. I found nothing like a maintenance manual in my brand new granite box. No reference to any oil and or maintenance schedule and recommendation. I visited the arrma site also , especially for the granite , i could find all kind of manual but not one with any oil and or grease spec ....and or maint schedule can you help here ? thanks
Scroll down and click “detailed specs”.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/4x4/blx/granite/

I used super lube synthetic grease in my diffs, it's good to 450f, and has good adhesion, but isn't too thick. Mine had very little grease in there from the factory

You Sir are right....it is NOT in the manual. I have so many Arrma RCs I do get them confused. I know why now I said that. I have 6S rigs like the Infraction. So my mindset is that there was no maintenace guildline for the 3S so let me use the one it DOES list for in the 6S as a time table. Seeing I work the 6S harder this should work great for a 4x4 that I do work hard as well. Starting at page 25 I use these xx battery runs as my schedule for my Big Rock and Granite.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem.../Manuals/ARA7615V2-ARA7617V2-Manual-MULTI.pdf

You Sir are right....it is NOT in the manual. I have so many Arrma RCs I do get them confused. I know why now I said that. I have 6S rigs like the Infraction. So my mindset is that there was no maintenace guildline for the 3S so let me use the one it DOES list for in the 6S as a time table. Seeing I work the 6S harder this should work great for a 4x4 that I do work hard as well. Starting at page 25 I use these xx battery runs as my schedule for my Big Rock and Granite.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem.../Manuals/ARA7615V2-ARA7617V2-Manual-MULTI.pdf
Thanks Parcou ... its good to think that I am not totally crazy yet :)

thanks for the replies!
will check the diff grease and fluid soon then
about the manual, somebody here had put a pdf which was for a while ago and was not new, but it was a good maintenance guide generally, the pdf i have is named "arrma-maintenance-tuning-manual"

I've been having this issue in both my typhon and Granite v3's. I've stripped probably 5 between the both of them and both have 50k fluid in the front and 30k in the rear. I'm stripping more with the granite than the typhon at this point and it's not only the input gear but sometimes its both the input and diff ring. I'm wondering if I just need to go down to 10k front and rear. I only bash so not sure if I'd notice a difference(I think most people only bash these also lol) I have metal spur gears in both so I'm wondering if maybe the spur gear is set too tight? I'm using mobilux EP2 grease and I pack it with a lot. The last couple times my gears stripped one diff had no grease which was odd and the other had plenty of grease . At this point I'm waiting for parts to come back into stock so I can go metal haha I've replaced the yokes also with brand new ones and they still strip.

Stuffing your gearbox with a bunch of grease is the worst thing I see “experts” do on YouTube. Don’t do it, a light coat is sufficient.

10k diff fluid is totally fine, higher will put more stress on your gears because they can’t spin when they want to.

Also most likely your slipper is set too tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back