Typhon Stupid question on front diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxndrog18

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Hey guys I’m just servicing my Typhon for the first time and wondering whether this front diff is in correctly? Or should it be the other way around (gear teeth on left side). I lost the manual haha
Thanks for any feedback!

Dude, I’ve done the same thing twice. Rebuilt the diffs, popped ‘em in, powered up the rig, and wondered why all four wheels were spinning and it wasn’t going anywhere! 😂

Thanks fellas. What grease are y’all’s using? I use Silkolene RG2 Racing grease. If it’s good Enough for a motorcycle, it’s probably good enough for a Typhon haha 😆

Red & Tacky works well and I use ASG Sil-Glyde brake lube, all I can get locally. I hear mixed comments on white lithium grease, so I avoid it.
View attachment 307482
Hey guys I’m just servicing my Typhon for the first time and wondering whether this front diff is in correctly? Or should it be the other way around (gear teeth on left side). I lost the manual haha
Thanks for any feedback!
For this reason, I take so many pictures when taking a rig apart... pics saved me so many times. Or, I find a YT video on a diff service to see if I put it back in right, LOL

View attachment 307482
Thanks for any feedback!
All manuals can be found on the ARRMA site.

All current manuals can be found on the ARRMA site.

Fixed, they removed all the Hobbico era manuals and the manuals for the pre V5 cars as well.

Dude, I’ve done the same thing twice. Rebuilt the diffs, popped ‘em in, powered up the rig, and wondered why all four wheels were spinning and it wasn’t going anywhere! 😂
One time for me. I took it out to drive and the front is driving forward while the rear wants to drive backwards. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Took me 5 seconds to realize it.
Felt like a fool..
I never let that happen again. Never did. Crap happens. Just learn from it.
Good to always ask if you are not sure. Check the manual.
Like 100 diff rebuilds later, I don't screw that up anymore.:cool:

When installing your diff always hold the shims in place with your left hand. You'll never install a diff backwards again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back