Typhon Suggest a budget transmitter etc for Typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staffydog1977

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
It's hilarious watching my dog sprinting after my Typhon 3s at my local park, but for some reason I'm not finding it hilarious what after about 80-100 metres IM CHASING HIM coz he's got my bloody Typhon in his mouth...lol.

The reason he caught it - OUT OF RANGE!

Can someone help me with a suggestion with a transmitter and receiver setup for my Typhon 3s that gives even Just a little better range than my stock system?

thanks guys
Matt

I recently picked up the fly sky gt5. Apart from some very minor nitpicks, I find it to be an awesome transmitter. The range is hands down far better than the SLT3 that my granite came with.

I agree with src of course lol 😂 I got this one too
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPNNTWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
6AF04516-5390-49AC-A3E2-F2EB1E9F0E7A.png

i hear this one has great range too, it’s made by the same parent company as the one above
C5F5A64B-C232-4107-9146-4416D84BBBE9.png

Last edited:
I purchased the RC4GS for my Mojave, the previous owner was using the RC6 for it and his other rigs. I love the range this has compared to my SLT3 I use with my BRCC. I run mainly in parks and my local fairgrounds so the extended range is great. The Radiolink has a lot of features that I have not set up yet, but are there if I decide to go racing at some backyard tracks. I haven't used the Gyro feature which is included in the receiver, but once again it is there if I ever want to do speed runs later on. The response for steering and throttle are great does not feel like a "cheap" Chinese product.

Good luck

Many like the DumboRC for the price, if $$ is tight. $40.00.
Just that $20.00 more gets you a multi-model radio for your next rig(s).
And if one of your next rigs is a Speed Runner, Limitless or Infraction, the RC4GS has all the range you need for 100+ MPH passes..(y)
Like Kaos911 stated, it doesn't feel like a "cheap" radio in the hand, and Frame Rate wise, is fast. (y)
Radiolink has great F/W upgrade support. (y) All the features are there for any type of rig.

Last edited:
Agree with SrC (I've learned you don't disagree with him!l :ROFLMAO:) and Alan. I have the RL RC4Gs and the RC7 with a bunch of recievers as I am replacing them in most my rigs. Lots of options and the range is great! You'll have to account for the dual reciever antennas. There's a bunch of info on here of different ways to support the 2nd antenna. I'll be getting another RC7 so others can still race the cars at same time.

I have the dumborc and the radiolink rc6gs. Both allow multiple models. The dumbo does feel a little cheaper, but I put a foam wheel on it that helps. Mounting dual antennas for the rc6gs can be a bit of a pain. They both have their pros and cons. Extra receivers are about the same price for both. I’d probably spend a little more and get the rc4 or 6gs.

Agree with SrC (I've learned you don't disagree with him!l :ROFLMAO:) and Alan. I have the RL RC4Gs and the RC7 with a bunch of recievers as I am replacing them in most my rigs. Lots of options and the range is great! You'll have to account for the dual reciever antennas. There's a bunch of info on here of different ways to support the 2nd antenna. I'll be getting another RC7 so others can still race the cars at same time.
Appreciate the kudos, but I am not the be all end all. Just share my experience with such. What has worked best for me over the many years.
TYVM.
:cool:

Appreciate the kudos, but I am not the be all end all. Just share my experience with such. What has worked best for me over the many years.
TYVM.
:cool:
Just messing with ya. Wasn't trying to say you were the RC god or anything....My bad. :rolleyes: :) lol

I'm running a fly sky gt3b, works great for me, I have all my cars on it now. Got mine off of E-bay

I have the dumborc and the radiolink rc6gs. Both allow multiple models. The dumbo does feel a little cheaper, but I put a foam wheel on it that helps. Mounting dual antennas for the rc6gs can be a bit of a pain. They both have their pros and cons. Extra receivers are about the same price for both. I’d probably spend a little more and get the rc4 or 6gs.
The Dumbo allows mutli models the same way the Tactic TTX300 does, you can bind as many receivers as you want to the radio but you have to redo your endpoints and trims each time you switch to a different model.

Hey, guys, honest to god, I kiss no ass, but you lot on here are absolutely the BEST bunch of guys most helpful and chilled I've ever seen on ANY forum EVER....thankyou I am buying that remote, do I need to change receiver on my car tho?
My bad, My thick Welsh brain said "read the description" and I see it comes with one...lol

just ordered it, tho had to google what a gyro was..lol

will the gyro help me keep my wobbly wheeled 3s typhon a bit straighter?

The Dumbo allows mutli models the same way the Tactic TTX300 does, you can bind as many receivers as you want to the radio but you have to redo your endpoints and trims each time you switch to a different model.
I find having to change trim settings when changing models just Sucks, like big time.(n)(n)
Spend the $20 more and just get a real Multi-model radio. A RC4GS.
Analog trimming blows hard. Might as well stay with the stocker radio, than get a Dumbo.
Just me.:giggle:

I find having to change trim settings when changing models just Sucks, like big time.(n)(n)
Spend the $20 more and just get a real Multi-model radio. A RC4GS.
Analog trimming blows hard. Might as well stay with the stocker radio, than get a Dumbo.
Just me.:giggle:
Supposedly with the Dumbo you can have as many cars as you want, the Radiolink is limited to 10 models. But yes having to redo the settings each time you change to a different car is a pain in the ass.

How can there NOT be a model limit? Memory is never Unlimited.:unsure:
Perhaps there IS a limit. Just not specified as to what that is?
I imagine, once you add that one model exceeding the limit, one other model will just drop from memory, gets overwritten. My guess....

I'm sooo excited....range increase from 100m to 400m will be immense!!
For the money the DumboRC is great. Yes, it does not have memory for multiple cars, but for the price you can buy a dedicated DumboRC for each car. It’s said that some guys actually do that🤣.
A foam wheel and some tape around the grip are great upgrades for a dollar or two, three.
1653332370249.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back