Mojave Switches on , does nothing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenn7764

Reaction score
Hi

Totally new to this , just got my Mojave 6s , charged 2 5000mah batteries , stuck one in and checked all was working , all was good, go outside to have a try and it works perfect , on the snow so battery only lasted 15 mins before it slowed down so I stopped, took it back in and put the other battery in , it switched on and done the little tune that it does but then nothing when I went ro drive it , there was a little snow inside but it was dry so didn't see that as an issue because its ment ro be waterproof? Made sure nothing was loose etc and still nothing , hit the reset button next ro the power and nothing , left it 5 mins and tried again and it works ? Is this normal or do I have an issue?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes it takes up to a minute for the receiver to bind, be patient. Might have been just that.
Check if any of your fans are binding, high current draw could create a brownout and prevent the receiver from working, ESC would blink red though.
Keep an eye on it but nothing to worry yet. The servos could be the issue, they are known to become problematic but not saying it is bad just yet.

Not saying it's the issue but educate yourself on waterproof. Many make that mistake. Good video is below.

@jkflow waterproof is waterproof bud. Some people have worse luck than others. The first rc i ever bought was in 2008 or 2009. It was a rustler vxl. The box said waterproof so i proceeded to drive it underwater. Fried the first lipo i ever bought on the first run i ever had. Since then i have submerged my trucks hundreds of times. Make sure you have sealed bearings. make sure your electronics say waterproof and not water resistant, and bash in water all you want. One of the things with this hobby is some people (not sayin you) think these rigs are some super delicate things that need constant maintenance and upkeep, and that they can only be driven in certain conditions. I buy a 20$ bearing kit every year or so for the rigs i use the most, and subject my rigs to torture and very little upkeep. I enjoy doing a teardown yearly and checking everything, but other than the odd rusty bolt from putting them away wet,they are always fine. i have never fried an electronic from submerging it besides the first lipo i have ever owned.

Take this with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own opinions on the subject and what you should and shouldn't do. As far as im concerned, If something says water proof, its water proof. And in my personal experience so far, that has been the case.

Sometimes it takes up to a minute for the receiver to bind, be patient. Might have been just that.
Check if any of your fans are binding, high current draw could create a brownout and prevent the receiver from working, ESC would blink red though.
Keep an eye on it but nothing to worry yet. The servos could be the issue, they are known to become problematic but not saying it is bad just yet.

Not saying it's the issue but educate yourself on waterproof. Many make that mistake. Good video is below.

Thanks for the reply , what i have now is the car drive forward and back but the steering does not work , I've tried all the things in the manual about binding but nothing works , any clues on the steering ?

@skidmarkus there is no disagreement that waterproof is waterproof but that does not mean your entire rig is waterproof. You can easily get water into the motor causing all kinds of issues. You can also get water onto the fan plug, mixed with anything that conducts and you have brownouts.
That was my line of thinking, again I don't think any of that applies to the OP issue though but it was geared towards his statement "...didn't see that as an issue because its ment ro be waterproof?'".
90% of the rig is only water resistant and some of the connections are not even close to that either.

I do not trreat mine with gloves, by any means, but once I get it wet I resist turning it back on, water getting into small cracks can bring nasty surprises besides the maintenance.
Thanks for the reply , what i have now is the car drive forward and back but the steering does not work , I've tried all the things in the manual about binding but nothing works , any clues on the steering ?
Back to my original guess, your servo has gone bad. Only way to check though is to plug in a good servo.
You can get a new one under warranty or buy a decent one. I always recommend the cheap option from Amazon DS3225 or DS3235kg types but you can buy any other servo as you please. Savox, JX, PowerHD or Promodeler types.

They shouldn't use the word waterproof because its not... rc boats are not even waterproof. Water resistant would be a correct term.

@jkflow waterproof is waterproof bud. Some people have worse luck than others. The first rc i ever bought was in 2008 or 2009. It was a rustler vxl. The box said waterproof so i proceeded to drive it underwater. Fried the first lipo i ever bought on the first run i ever had. Since then i have submerged my trucks hundreds of times. Make sure you have sealed bearings. make sure your electronics say waterproof and not water resistant, and bash in water all you want. One of the things with this hobby is some people (not sayin you) think these rigs are some super delicate things that need constant maintenance and upkeep, and that they can only be driven in certain conditions. I buy a 20$ bearing kit every year or so for the rigs i use the most, and subject my rigs to torture and very little upkeep. I enjoy doing a teardown yearly and checking everything, but other than the odd rusty bolt from putting them away wet,they are always fine. i have never fried an electronic from submerging it besides the first lipo i have ever owned.

Take this with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own opinions on the subject and what you should and shouldn't do. As far as im concerned, If something says water proof, its water proof. And in my personal experience so far, that has been the case.
LOL I'm the same way, I fix things if broke. Unfortunately I break things a lot lol. But I always ride my rcs hard and put away wet so to speak. I personally like to see what they can take. And they can take a lot. Heck if I didn't send it 20ft all the time it would prolly never break or need maintenance.

If we really had an issue with water we would go back to liquid electrical tape, real waterproofing 🤣. I recently made a 450 quadcopter waterproof with liquid tape, It flys in the rain. lol. Freaks most air rc people out when they see it. FPV in the rain is just nuts!!

They shouldn't use the word waterproof because its not... rc boats are not even waterproof. Water resistant would be a correct term.

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

If you really examine modern esc's, they are sealed in epoxy. That is imo waterproof "impervious to water" in any situation I would put it in. A servo with rubber gaskets and o-rings not so much.

Somethings in this world are said with a certain perspective in mind. And others assumed falsely. Antifreeze will freeze at the right temp. But not any temps I will be using it at.

The state of maintaining waterproofing is an issue over time with abuse and corrosion. You may have to redo the waterproofing method over time to freshen it back up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back