TBR wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gt rubicon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, purchased 2 TBR wing mounts for our outcast and notorious, we put it on my sons outcast, I was very happy until we had to actually screw ont the wing, it was to wide, by an 1/8th inch. with a 13 year old wanting to screw it in. Begrudgingly pulled out the Dremel and started massaging. We finally got in on the truck. The fit was horrible, what if there wasn’t a dad with the tools to make it fit? I’ve read several reviews of their products and how they didn’t fit, should of taken it to heart. I won’t buy there product again.

You probably should have contacted them about it before modifying it. They are generally pretty good about communication and fixing issues. You can probably still try.
Capture.JPG

They have had great customer service whenever I had an issue, unlike RPM who sold me a screwed up molded rear guard for my Rustler, which has a bunch of Amazon reviews stating the same exact issue I had, yet refused to do anything about it when contacting them.

TBR does have fantastic customer service. I've personally never had a problem with their products fitting but I have had a couple issues come up and they were very quick to reply and help me out. I think their company is growing to fast and they're having a hard time keeping up with that growth.

I had to modify my daughters XV4 front bumper Christmas morning before she could take her Talion out for the first run. Holes wouldn't line up and were drilled off center in the main part of the bumper. Kinda sucks when you have to pull out the toolbox to modify brand new parts with an impatient kid jumping around behind you who's ready to bash.

IMG_8527.JPG

IMG_8526.JPG

I like the Typhon basher bumper I'm running on my Outcast but I was not impressed with the quality of workmanship on the XV4

I had to modify my daughters XV4 front bumper Christmas morning before she could take her Talion out for the first run. Holes wouldn't line up and were drilled off center in the main part of the bumper. Kinda sucks when you have to pull out the toolbox to modify brand new parts with an impatient kid jumping around behind you who's ready to bash.

View attachment 26039

View attachment 26038

I like the Typhon basher bumper I'm running on my Outcast but I was not impressed with the quality of workmanship on the XV4
Wow, that is way off. Those holes are offset at least a quater inch or more! Send it back and ask for a replacement. These are not inexpensive upgrades, so a certain level of expectation in the quality is definitely warranted.

Well rc in general is full of troubles. Both new arrmas I took out of the box with issues right off the bat. It is just part of the deal when you own something which has wheels. There are going to be problems. Tbr bumpers are wonderful once you get them mounted. The arrma wing mounts are so cheap on eBay I just keep a couple in my spares box so can’t comment on the tbr wing mount. Looks stout though.

my first part was a tbone front bumper and rear wheelie setup and i got it in blue like an idiot....hated the color and the overall design of wheelie bar and never even opened it.. But, the bumpers are good for bashing....anyone want to buy?...lol

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 41
It actually fit the truck well, I had to modify the the two parts that the wing bolts into. They are the factory wing mount parts. It broke where there are two screws that they use to bolt the mount into a kind of support block that bolts through the shock tower and into the body mount. It ripped the screws through the mount and severed there mount. The mounts are actually two pieces that are bolted together when installed. It was one of those wrecks that you just wouldn’t assume would break anything. I was actually surprised.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back