Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ This.
When it all translates out. There is still Tekno, TA, TLR (8ight Elite soon) Kyosho, Mugen and the rest. Pricepoint wise. Where will this fit in? Can it?
Totally agree, i'm i little lost what HH is trying to do here....

First the EXB roller, than an 8S EXB without all the EXB parts, than the RTR EXB's and now this. To many branches off the sacred timeline, i see what the multiverse of madness is about!

The parts bin is in place already. Now HH can diversify its Arrma line up. Just reach into the bin and create a new one. And label it.
"TLR Tuned" badging is an attempt to make the 6s Typhon an upscale model. TLR has Race brand recognition already.
Picture a TLR Buggy (8ight) that said "Arrma Tuned" all over it.
Maybe tuned for Bashing? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The parts bin is in place already. Now HH can diversify its Arrma line up. Just reach into the bin and create a new one. And lable it.
"TLR Tuned" badging is an attempt to make the 6s Typhon an upscale model. TLR has Race brand recognition already.
Picture a TLR Buggy (8ight) that said "Arrma Tuned" all over it.
Maybe tuned for Bashing? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That’s too funny. I bet they actually do come out with something like that. The basher with a real good rep behind it.. could be cool

I give them credit for leveraging the TLR branding and reputation. Smart move. Hopefully it’s legit and not just fancy branding. I don’t like having money anyway……lol.
Make It Rain Reaction GIF

then why are the selling it. id just get a real tlr...
Same reason they made an EXB RTR 😂. I see them making some sales out of this. What I really want to see are real drivers using it on the track and pulling half way decent numbers. But even at that price. I would just spend the extra few dollars and get a tekno that's rtr. I have 3 local tracks near me and not 1 would allow a 1/8 vehicle on the track. I think a clay track like 1.5 hrs away still allows 1/8

Interesting, never would've guessed this in a million years. Maybe intended as a gateway car into TLR racing.

Same reason they made an EXB RTR 😂. I see them making some sales out of this. What I really want to see are real drivers using it on the track and pulling half way decent numbers. But even at that price. I would just spend the extra few dollars and get a tekno that's rtr. I have 3 local tracks near me and not 1 would allow a 1/8 vehicle on the track. I think a clay track like 1.5 hrs away still allows 1/8
Wow 3 tracks, no tracks around here anymore. theres one 1/8 scale near by but hasn't had races since 2017 or so. its on private property...

Wow 3 tracks, no tracks around here anymore. theres one 1/8 scale near by but hasn't had races since 2017 or so. its on private property...
Yes sir. I think only 1 is sanctioned race's. The others are just hobby store tracks. The one that is far is called dirt burners here in Michigan. I raced nitro buggy there for a decade. I need to make the trip lol

We have 1 track, it's 1/10 indoor off road carpet only.

No mather what clothes you put on, still the same😉. Now im far from an expert, but its using ( or?, just cus it says TLR tuned ) higend materials as 7075-T6..bit different uppermount in the front tower, black anodized stock shocks.

I like the idea
I with ya TP👊

then why are the selling it. id just get a real tlr...
Right. The TLR 8ight "Elite" soon to be released. (late Sept) bears no resemblence to this TLRT Typhon whatsoever.
But, I see many here have and do run the Typhon at a groomed track. The TLRT will bring the Typhon to a tunable track capable rig nonetheless.
With 4s and a nice sensored powerplant it might work well enough. The pricepoint USD is my question.
TLRT branding is just that... branding. I don't think there is any TLR tech in there. Just basic Track adjustable features most Track Buggies have anyway
The TLRT Typhon has basic Arrma shocks, anodized black. And towers and chassis anodized like the TLR track rigs. Largely a makeover. With more adjustments like those found in the Durango DEX8.
TLR does not use Pivot BAll front ends on their rigs. FWIW. I think that could be one drawback to the TLRT Typhon at the track. The execution of Pivot ball front ends with the 6s Arrma lineup is somewhat dated for a Track design. PB's can work well, but few Race bred branded rigs do it well. Requires a different driving technique compared to the standard Front end upper Camber link design.
I give them credit for leveraging the TLR branding and reputation. Smart move. Hopefully it’s legit and not just fancy branding. I don’t like having money anyway……lol.
Make It Rain Reaction GIF
If you ever had a TLR rig, it would be obvious to you that the TLRT Typhon has nothing in common with a TLR. Except the TLR branding.
I think the target market would be an avid Arrma owner already. This will not be a pro level track rig. Just fun at a track. For bashing use might not be justified.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back