Typhon Thanks GRC. 6s shock washer washer spacer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
My silicone axial bushings arrived yesterday. I was able the clean my 6s shocks up really good and install them. I just put some drops of water on them and they popped right in with no problem. I still need to go to our ace hardware to get some washers to keep the springs off the axles before I install them on my v3 3s typhon You guys said I need 2 1mm thick washers up front and just one 1 mm thick washer in the back. I’m assuming the od of the screw hole I need is 3 mm for all of the washers. Please correct me if I’m wrong so I don’t buy the wrong hardware. Thanks

Last edited:
Any thickness washers will do so long as they're M3. IMO it'll be best to grab a few thicknesses for future use anyway - always handy to keep these as spare

Also, if you didn't want to use washers for shock/driveshaft clearance, you could replace the pivot balls with these like I did:

Post in thread 'IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ock-information-and-upgrades.7413/post-658964

I replaced all of the stock plastic pivot balls with hot racing aluminum ones except for the shocks because I figured I’d be upgrading them. Thanks

Last edited:
I replaced all of the stock plastic pivot balls with hot racing aluminum ones except for the shocks because I figured I’d be upgrading them. Thanks
When those wear out, try traxxas 5525, you will need 2 packs and some shims to take up some space but they are steel balls and should last longer.

ok. Will I need longer screws for the bottom mounts or will the stock 3s hardware work fine? I don’t want to break anything
So the stock 3s hardware will work fine with the spacing washers?

Last edited:
That's great, but the 6S shock rod ends' pivot balls are also plastic, and you'll need to use washers with them in order for the shock to clear the driveshafts (as you know). These steel pivot balls are an upgrade, and will not need any washers because they are shouldered. The aluminium HR shock rod end pivot balls (needless to say) will not fit the 6S shock rod ends

ok. Will I need longer screws for the bottom mounts or will the stock 3s hardware work fine? I don’t want to break anything
So the stock 3s hardware will work fine with the spacing washers?
Yes, you'll need slightly longer screws to compensate the extra spacing. The stock ones are 3x16mm at the shock/arm mounts, so I'd go up by 2-4mm

Last edited:
That's great, but the 6S shock rod ends' pivot balls are also plastic, and you'll need to use washers with them in order for the shock to clear the driveshafts (as you know). These steel pivot balls are an upgrade, and will not need any washers because they are shouldered. The aluminium HR shock rod end pivot balls (needless to say) will not fit the 6S shock rod ends

Yes, you'll need slightly longer screws to compensate the extra spacing. The stock ones are 3x16mm at the shock/arm mounts, so I'd go up by 2-4mm
The aluminum HR pivot balls most certainly do fit the Arrma 6s shocks in the bottom shock rod end. Of course you need the Axial bushings for the top shock rod end.
Screenshot_20220302-085725_Gallery.jpg

The aluminum HR pivot balls most certainly do fit the Arrma 6s shocks in the bottom shock rod end. Of course you need the Axial bushings for the top shock rod end.View attachment 203721
Oh wow! I stand corrected. I might be thinking of something else that didn't fit. Thank you for the correction 👌

I still have some new unused hot racing pivot balls to replace the stock plastic ones when they wear out. Already installed silicone axial bushings recommended by GRC in the top of all 4 shocks. I bought 15 M3 1mm washers today and I will use as few as possible for the springs to clear the driveshafts. The weather for the weekend looks good here so I’ll be installing them on the 3s using the factory 3s hardware💪

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back