The Axial Yeti Xl any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an opportunity to get an almost new Axial yeti xl. Besides steering is the drivetrain as bad as people say?
I can't speak to the drivetrain, but I've been using the electronics (Axial Vangaurd XL AE-4 ESC & Axial Vanguard 2200kv motor) in my Kraton 6s for the last 2 years. They're just Castle rebrands. The electronics have been rock solid, those two items are the only items on the rig that have never given me problems. Very powerful combo, just wish I could adjust the BEC voltage for the servo power.

I can't speak to the drivetrain, but I've been using the electronics (Axial Vangaurd XL AE-4 ESC & Axial Vanguard 2200kv motor) in my Kraton 6s for the last 2 years. They're just Castle rebrands. The electronics have been rock solid, those two items are the only items on the rig that have never given me problems. Very powerful combo, just wish I could adjust the BEC voltage for the servo power.
Oh I see. Thanks. I’m trading two scx24 and a lipo for it. I think I can get something good back if I don’t like it and it sucks. I’ll sell it or something

I've never experienced the Yeti XL, but it sounds like a really cool rig. As to the motor/esc combo, Thunder Tiger had them listed on their website a couple years ago, $125!! I wanted to buy one, but shipping was like $40. If I had the scratch, I woulda bought every combo they had and sold them here on AF classifieds. Still not sure why or how Thunder Tiger had them, but they did.
Edit: correction, it was $95 for the combo, $41 for the shipping..🤷‍♂️

Oh I see. Thanks. I’m trading two scx24 and a lipo for it. I think I can get something good back if I don’t like it and it sucks. I’ll sell it or something
I think it has quite a following, so selling or trading it off should be easy if you decide to.

Last edited:
I have two . It’s been awhile since I’ve driven them. One is modded with lots of aluminum the other is basically stock. Both are lots of fun when used what they’re meant for, rock racing. I’ve had them for a long time now, got them when they were newly released. Never had any problems.

I have two . It’s been awhile since I’ve driven them. One is modded with lots of aluminum the other is basically stock. Both are lots of fun when used what they’re meant for, rock racing. I’ve had them for a long time now, got them when they were newly released. Never had any problems.
Really? On 6s never any drivetrain issues?

Back