The easier it goes back together, the more likely you forgot something........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
One of my 3s Typhons lost a motor bearing, basically disintegrated. Only problem I had getting it apart was removing the remains of the bearing stuck on the motor shaft, and then cleaning out the metal pieces from the guts of the motor.
PXL_20230806_161454988.MP.jpg

So motor put back together and then started assembling all of this...
Screenshot 2023-08-11 083156.png

and everything went together so smoothly... I also had taken the slipper apart to check some things... didn't misplace any screws or washers, as I normally have this problem with dropping parts that tend to roll to least accessible area of my work space... got the whole assembly ready to slide back into the typhon when I noticed the heatsink....
PXL_20230811_010420461.MP.jpg

I've found RC's to be a stress relief (expensive therapy) , more so than playing golf.... just smiled and started tearing it back apart...hummin along to some Sinatra......

One of my 3s Typhons lost a motor bearing, basically disintegrated. Only problem I had getting it apart was removing the remains of the bearing stuck on the motor shaft, and then cleaning out the metal pieces from the guts of the motor. View attachment 316525
View attachment 316526
and everything went together so smoothly... I also had taken the slipper apart to check some things... didn't misplace any screws or washers, as I normally have this problem with dropping parts that tend to roll to least accessible area of my work space... got the whole assembly ready to slide back into the typhon when I noticed the heatsink....
View attachment 316529
I've found RC's to be a stress relief (expensive therapy) , more so than playing golf.... just smiled and started tearing it back apart...hummin along to some Sinatra......
Helps to have a magnetic tray to keep from loosing screws. Before I bought one I used a empty egg carton .keeps the different size screws and nuts organized 👍

That motor would have made its way to the trash with the quickness. You've already done more work than I would have.
I started down the path of upgrading stuff as it broke on the 3S Typhons... eventually found that I should have bought the 6S line to begin with.....(waiting for "told you so") . I still enjoy bashing these buggies, but they get stock parts and quick fixes....
Helps to have a magnetic tray to keep from loosing screws
Yep, got one.... need to put it on the floor so when I drop a screw it may land in the tray....

I can't help but wonder, since the HS has a slotted opening, could the opening be there so the motor wires can pass through. Then rotate the HS to proper position once onto the motor? 🤔🤷‍♂️

I started down the path of upgrading stuff as it broke on the 3S Typhons... eventually found that I should have bought the 6S line to begin with.....(waiting for "told you so") . I still enjoy bashing these buggies, but they get stock parts and quick fixes....

Yep, got one.... need to put it on the floor so when I drop a screw it may land in the tray....
Oh boy 🤣 seems like you need a magnetic carpet instead 😆
I can't help but wonder, since the HS has a slotted opening, could the opening be there so the motor wires can pass through. Then rotate the HS to proper position once onto the motor? 🤔🤷‍♂️
Sounds about right..I rather use a clamp instead of a HS

I tried that when I had a similar brain fart. The opening on the heat sink isn't large enough to go over the plastic piece on the motor where the wires go into the motor.

One of my 3s Typhons lost a motor bearing, basically disintegrated. Only problem I had getting it apart was removing the remains of the bearing stuck on the motor shaft, and then cleaning out the metal pieces from the guts of the motor. View attachment 316525
View attachment 316526
View attachment 316529

A 3s blowing up a motor bearing imagine that......

You should of just kept left it off!!
Bad idea, motor could get really hot , maybe hot enough to spontaneously combust, I'd be sad, then I'd have to buy a new one.... yeah, a nice new 6S Typhon.....

Nah, I bashed the mega without one for awhile, was hooning around at 65 and 68 mph.. no problems!! 🥸
I'd keep it on myself, even without a fan they help quite a bit. Increases surface area to dissipate the heat. But it is a $25 motor so🤷‍♂️

View attachment 316552
Bad idea, motor could get really hot , maybe hot enough to spontaneously combust, I'd be sad, then I'd have to buy a new one.... yeah, a nice new 6S Typhon.....

View attachment 316526
View attachment 316529
I usually do that as well…I find something that should have gone in 3 steps back…I just laugh at myself then redo it 🤤

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back