Outcast The Outcast lives again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborvitian

Daphne's Dad
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 4s
After being down for a long time, maybe a month, the 4S V2 Outcast lives again! I did a custom shell, which turned out beautifully. Then I realized that there was a layer of protective film all over the outside, and I had just stuck all the decals to that. Smart. I is smart.

There's nothing really custom about this truck other than the shell, but I wanted to show it off anyway. I have a lot of hours in this truck. Rebuilt shock due to broken rod. New front bumper. New wheelie bar. New wing. I just got it back up after completing a chassis swap, and I had one screw missing and two screws left over.

1681702578666.png

Are you ready to scratch it up? I’d probably stare at it for awhile first! Nice job, cool truck.
I hit the brakes too hard at the top of a hill on pavement, and slid about 300' on the roof. Pristine no longer, I find I don't really care that I scratched it all up. It still looks wicked, and I love having a body in a color I've never seen. When I trash this one, I really should put some effort into reinforcing the next one. Also, I'm putting serious thought into trying the "Real Steel" paint scheme the Notorious has. I'm going to do a Notorious body (see my other build thread) and try to replicate that paint scheme, and if it turns out well, I'll do that on my next Outcast body in metallic purple.

1681778851086.png

Daphne got annoyed when I turtled on a brick and got stuck.

1681778644660.png

Nice
Anytime I have extra nuts and bolts I always tell myself I must have put new ones in somewhere!!! 😎
the stickers on the protective wrap sounds like something I would do!!!!
I actually did use some new screws somewhere, which is the infuriating thing about trying to figure out if they are left-over screws, or just screws I replaced. I did the chassis swap over three days, and I don't even remember where I used the new screws, or if I used them on the Outcast or the Notorious. If I left them out of anything important, I'll figure it out sooner or later.

The missing screw is one of the long ones that goes into the diff housing. How did I lose that?! Shrug. I left it out of the rear diff for now, since the front is the one that takes all the abuse, and I've got spare screws ordered.

So my new screws came in today, and I instantly found the old one. It was behind my chair.

I took the Outcast out, and managed to break it in a way that didn't require new parts. I bet I couldn't do this again if you paid me. I ripped the wing off without really hurting the wing, and the screws were still there. Next time, I'll probably break the wing, because I reinstalled it with some domed metal washers I had left over from a part that didn't work out.

1681990832173.png

I blew out yet another dBoots backflip, driving through a grassy field. The tires that come on the 1/10 Outcast are a weird size, and there aren't many options. I decided to roll the dice on some Chinese no-names at $43 for a set of four. The jury is still out on them, but they held up for two packs, anyway.

Not depicted, I also reinforced the body with Gorilla tape in all the areas that were taking heavy abuse.

1683285082408.png

1683285109622.png

I need to break out the Gorilla tape as well for a couple of my rigs. Tires don’t look half bad for the money!

I blew out yet another dBoots backflip, driving through a grassy field. The tires that come on the 1/10 Outcast are a weird size, and there aren't many options. I decided to roll the dice on some Chinese no-names at $43 for a set of four. The jury is still out on them, but they held up for two packs, anyway.

Not depicted, I also reinforced the body with Gorilla tape in all the areas that were taking heavy abuse.

View attachment 297468
View attachment 297469
Man I really like the wheels on those new tires. Hopefully they hold up. It's always a 50/50 gamble with the generic Chinese stuff.

Ok, I have been looking for "bash parts" roof rails and some sort of bull bar for a couple of vehicles. Where do I find good bits?
I tried hard to not scrape up my notorious but it was inevitable!!
Before I run the 1/5 outcast I want to protect it as best I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back