The Power of a Full Charged 6s brick... Never let your guard down!!!! Or else.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting some captures of the video I took....

View attachment 261238

View attachment 261239

View attachment 261240

View attachment 261241

View attachment 261242

View attachment 261243

View attachment 261244

View attachment 261245
Honestly, it doesn't take much common sense to know that the Lipo bags they push and sell, will NOT do a dam thing to contain a lipo fire like this one.?:ROFLMAO:
Im thinking when they are in a amo can with others when one goes, they all go. I hate leaving my battery's out in the freezing cold all winter also. Have them all discharged for winter but not sure what I want I want to do with them. I do live alone with them. :)
Pretty sure the HF ones are plastic.
Yes they are.

Harbor Freight cans...

IMG-3082.jpg

IMG-3083.jpg

IMG-3084.jpg

You have so many in there?? If one catches on fire so won't all of them . wouldn't it be best to have just one lipo in one metal box? I don't have a lot just 2 x 2s and 2 x 3 s I think I'll buy 4 boxes and have them by themselves.just so I'll feel more safe
You have so many in there?? If one catches on fire so won't all of them . wouldn't it be best to have just one lipo in one metal box? I don't have a lot just 2 x 2s and 2 x 3 s I think I'll buy 4 boxes and have them by themselves.just so I'll feel more safe
I've had good luck so far but after really thinking the lipo bags probably ain't enough.
So these amo boxes will contain the fire but what about 💥 explosion? Wouldn't the force be enough to blow the lid off??

I've had good luck so far but after really thinking the lipo bags probably ain't enough.
Yeh..I don't honestly know. It sounds logical but not practical..? I'm still relatively new. I keep all my batteries at a"safe storage" charge. I don't keep/store anything at full charge.

Wouldn't the force be enough to blow the lid off??

1 or maybe 2 would probably be fine (make sure to the vent the cans). More than that and you're just heading into bomb territory.

You can only do so much, it's not like these are literally ticking time bombs. But there are certain vulnerable states to be cognizant of.

Its pretty cool how well lipo bags work. If you use bags I would be sure they are not sitting next to anything flammable. The heat does transfer, that seems to be a weakness.

From my understanding you want to get rid of the gasked in the lid, so no pressure can build up. That can lead to the can bursting and sending shrapnel everywhere.

So you might want to consider that, especially with that many batteries in one can.
I am planning on it. Haven't had them long and I'm not latching the lid at all the way until then. But thanks for the heads up! 👍🏼

So I suppose they no good then??
Plastic ammo cans are Not going to work. :rolleyes: The are worse than Lipo bags.

I have plastic ones here also, from TH Depot. I use them as totes to carry my RC gear around when out in the field.
Not for my Lipos.

Yeh..I don't honestly know. It sounds logical but not practical..? I'm still relatively new. I keep all my batteries at a"safe storage" charge. I don't keep/store anything at full charge.
I know this is specific to the Bat-safes (I have multiple of them), but knowing the size of each of their boxes, you can roughly determine what size container/how many batteries to use per battery specifics.

Here are their box sizes. You all can do the rest of the math per your batteries specs. 😂 😁✌️🎅 Hope this helps!

Outer dimensions:
Standard: 12" x 9" x 7"
XS/mini: 7.6" x 5" x 4.5"
XL: 20" x 10.5" x 13"

Screenshot_20221213_131107_Chrome.jpg

+1
In a nut shell... it's more about the total amount of energy/explosive force of all the Lipos collectively that you store in the Bat-Safes. Need to use better judgement. High Capacity 6s bricks are no joke. Anything over 3k MaH packs.
I have one Medium size Bat-Safe..

So these amo boxes will contain the fire but what about 💥 explosion? Wouldn't the force be enough to blow

So these amo boxes will contain the fire but what about 💥 explosion? Wouldn't the force be enough to blow the lid off??
If one catches fire or starts burning, it doesn't necessarily mean the others will. I had stacked 4s Lipos in my Senton when the top one punctured and burned at least 45 minutes. Soft packs too. The bottom one was scorched but was still usable, registering normal readings. Note that I disposed of it anyways. Better safe than sorry.
20210831_235755.jpg
20210831_235833.jpg
20210901_000357.jpg
20210901_000615.jpg
20210901_141647.jpg

I probably go overkill a little because I live in an apartment and don't have very many good places away from combustibles. I bought a Bat-Safe box before I progressed beyond the 2s battery I got with my first rc. The Bat-Safe is great for charging, but need storage. I got ammo cans, but even with those I saw a video on YT where the flames actually shot out around the edges where the seal had been removed. Not real far but I was surprised the flames shot out at all.
Now I wrap my batteries in a single size lipo bag, then put those in a larger lipo bag and put that in the ammo can.

Its kinda weird because lipos are everywhere yet we don't hear about fires very often so there is a tendency to think its not something to spend too much time worrying about. But then when you see where someone's house/office/etc burned because of a lipo and how fast it happened, makes you realize doesn't matter if the odds are low, if your batteries get too spicy indoors, your house could be a fireball in minutes if you are careless.

If one catches fire or starts burning, it doesn't necessarily mean the others will. I had stacked 4s Lipos in my Senton when the top one punctured and burned at least 45 minutes. Soft packs too. The bottom one was scorched but was still usable, registering normal readings. Note that I disposed of it anyways. Better safe than sorry.View attachment 262593View attachment 262594View attachment 262595View attachment 262596View attachment 262597
Do you know why your lipo caught on fire? Looks like you were using GRP wheels .were you speed running?
Do you know why your lipo caught on fire? Looks like you were using GRP wheels .were you speed running?
Just trying to peice it out.your photos shows your rig on grass but your wheels don't match the terrain for them .if you tryed to use them wheels for off road then wouldn't that cause stress on the whole system which would over load the batt? Just a thought.id like to know.i do moderate speed runs and so far my lipos are ok .never even warm after 20 minutes of use and .I do a little street bashing and maybey 6 speed passes at 58 mph .I guess I'm lucky so far.but i do let it cool down before each pass
You also mentioned that having more than one lipo in a amo box doesn't mean they all will catch on fire if one starts to.yeah your right but at the same time common sense tells me the chances are a hell of a lot higher if you have more than one in there..makes sense to have one amo box per lipo.when I see a amo box full of lipos all's I see is a box full of dynamite.

Just trying to peice it out.your photos shows your rig on grass but your wheels don't match the terrain for them .if you tryed to use them wheels for off road then wouldn't that cause stress on the whole system which would over load the batt? Just a thought.id like to know.i do moderate speed runs and so far my lipos are ok .never even warm after 20 minutes of use and .I do a little street bashing and maybey 6 speed passes at 58 mph .I guess I'm lucky so far.but i do let it cool down before each pass
You also mentioned that having more than one lipo in a amo box doesn't mean they all will catch on fire if one starts to.yeah your right but at the same time common sense tells me the chances are a hell of a lot higher if you have more than one in there..makes sense to have one amo box per lipo.when I see a amo box full of lipos all's I see is a box full of dynamite.
Never mind the question on to how your lipo caught on fire..you mentioned it punctured a hole in it..maybey designing a aluminum battery box for them would protect them from that happening again

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back