Senton The rebuild continues !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillesV

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Dear Arrma friends,

Last time in was asking you a question about wheels getting loose and thought it was maybe a CVD issue. I figured out that the bearings were ceased ! And the CVD was working metal-against-metal...
A few bearings and CVD later, all is OK !

But I thought I would have to look at the diff, and it was quite interesting. Normal diff for the front and rear, LSD in the middle.
The three of them filled with a thick black grease. Same color, same thickness.
I put 80K in the LSD, as a first test to see how the car behaves and I'm finishing now front and rear diffs with standard PM600 military grease.

I can't wait to see how the car behaves...

But considering that the car was handling OK and quite fast with the bearing issue, it will now be a rocket !!!!

One question I need to ask you however : after rebuild, is you central diff turning without any resistance or do you feel some light résistance, maybe due to the new oil ?

One question I need to ask you however : after rebuild, is you central diff turning without any resistance or do you feel some light résistance, maybe due to the new oil ?
I run a thick oil in the center so there is quite a bit of resistance. Only thing i'd watch for is if it feels too notchy or gritty when you spin both cups back and forth

Thanks for your answer !
Not sure if I can call it gritty, but I can feel the mechanical resistance of "sproket against sproket".
I will check how if feel once the differential has been warmed up after a few laps.

Thanks for your answer !
Not sure if I can call it gritty, but I can feel the mechanical resistance of "sproket against sproket".
I will check how if feel once the differential has been warmed up after a few laps.
If it feels pretty smooth i'd say you are good. I try to take the slop out of the cups being able to wobble in and out. Usually it's putting a shim on the outside of the cup by the bearing but sometimes you have to move it in and put one behind the pin inside

Stay tuned, I'm completing the rebuild of the Senton with a new motor and ECU, so I will soon post pictures!
I'm currently trying to make it look nice with the cabling and all the stuff :)

So the situation is the following:
I realized yesterday evening that I was finally done with the rebuild, I thought there would be some more stuff I needed to do but it appeared I was done.
During lunch time I got so excited to see that the rain had stopped that I went to try the Senton.

Good News: it's running/driving very smoothly
Bad News: it's so dirty that I can't take a pic of it right now....

After a good clear I will be able to post some pics... :cool:

Dirt is acceptable hahaha

2023-12-14 14_12_28-Ready for Another Rip!! - YouTube and 27 more pages - Profile 1 - Microsof...png

Now it's looking acceptable for some pictures! (still a little bit of mud on some parts ;-) )
But the new hobbywing combo is great with the Razer 150 and the 2250kv motor!
I went from 17T to 15T which did not impact speed so much but plenty of torque instead!

It took me quite a bit of time to find the best way to make the wiring look nice, but I'm happy with the result.
Next challenge: try to understand why the car has a little tendency not to go straight, even when I try to correct the setting with the trim.

A new challenge for the week :)

IMG_20231217_202944.jpg

IMG_20231217_203019.jpg

IMG_20231217_203031.jpg

IMG_20231217_203037.jpg

IMG_20231217_203044.jpg

Hello there!
Long time silent.... But Iwasn't chilling doing nothing!

New servo has been installed, GPM arms should arrive soon and suspension has been completely rebuilt!
I also built a new rock(dust protection to increase the size of the existing side protection, but it all went wrong as stones broke the plastic in pieces. So I'm rebuilding it with aluminium now :)

As I was considering a Traxxas UDR in parallel (as a new toy), I asked myself if I could get a similar experience with the Senton in terms of "gliding over the bumpy ground". :)
Next step is to see if I can fit the rear suspension at the front to get a better ground clearance and bring stability.

Never thought it would be so fun to own a Senton!!!!

Lookin' nice sir, and yup they are wicked, here is my 6s Senton. It will always be in my collection. I don't run it much anymore since the Mojave, but its still a crazed durable beast!!

Have you tried the outcast side guards? They will sit up higher and help keep debris out. The mojave will glide over the bumps just about like a udr but will do so faster for sure. I like my udr's for the scale realism but they are a tad slow/fragile so most of them i've built to look at and i use my mojaves to really run. That being said i'm working on udr number 16 and have 7 mojaves. 🤣

Lookin' nice sir, and yup they are wicked, here is my 6s Senton. It will always be in my collection. I don't run it much anymore since the Mojave, but its still a crazed durable beast!!

I feel like having several RC cars is the way to go :)
Ok, so Mojave will have all my attention now!
Have you tried the outcast side guards? They will sit up higher and help keep debris out. The mojave will glide over the bumps just about like a udr but will do so faster for sure. I like my udr's for the scale realism but they are a tad slow/fragile so most of them i've built to look at and i use my mojaves to really run. That being said i'm working on udr number 16 and have 7 mojaves. 🤣
I was looking at the Outcast side guards, but since I have a Typhoon chassis, there is nowhere I can fix them. Should I get a UDR AND a Mojave then? :)

I feel like having several RC cars is the way to go :)
Ok, so Mojave will have all my attention now!

I was looking at the Outcast side guards, but since I have a Typhoon chassis, there is nowhere I can fix them. Should I get a UDR AND a Mojave then? :)
The outcast side guards will go right where those small ones are. I'm doing it on a ford focus rally car senton build. I'd get both (y)

gordon 2.jpg

gordon 3.jpg

gordon.jpg

Rally Senton.jpg

I finally managed to fix my ground clearance issue !
The custom GPM Cvo was preventing the suspension to travel on its full length.
Now with the stock Cvo it's back to normal !

Back