Limitless V1 to V2 rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
I recently suffered a minor crash with my V1 Lim. Not much was lost, just the splitter and the foremost plastic parts as well as the chassis. I was gonna get an infraction chassis and rebuild it as a V1 Lim but i think this could be an opportunity to build my own V2. I’m thinking all I’d need is the V2 chassis, V2 spool and battery trays. What else am I missing if I’m gonna pull this off? Thank you!

Was there too. I bought a V2 and used the V1 diffs, spool and arms on a Typhon chassis. Gets very expensive to buy the pinoccio center spool. I don't even think it fits on V1. There are also a lot less vibrations on the V2. I don't think it's worth upgrading the V1. V2 has different gear ratios on the diffs and that reduces vibrations too.

Was there too. I bought a V2 and used the V1 diffs, spool and arms on a Typhon chassis. Gets very expensive to buy the pinoccio center spool. I don't even think it fits on V1. There are also a lot less vibrations on the V2. I don't think it's worth upgrading the V1. V2 has different gear ratios on the diffs and that reduces vibrations too.
Well my current V1 that I want to upgrade already had those GP5 diffs installed some months ago. I’d use a scorched or perfect pass spool and center shaft. I did a 151 with this car a few days ago, want to rebuild to hit 160.

Crashed a beautiful limitless V1 so now I’ll rebuild it on a V2 chassis. So far so good! 🤣

IMG_8323.jpeg

We have a thread on the differences.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/v2-differences-what-they-didnt-tell-you.54320/

All this stuff is different that I know of, I may have forgotten something and there may be more.
Motor mount, spool, rear track width (see below), battery box, pivot balls, drive shafts, diff gears.

Some specific parts.
ComponentV1V2Description
Axle StubAR310431ARA3104888x36mm -> 8x39mm (from Talion)
Inner BearingARA610018ARA610038Looks like the new one has a rubber sealed.
Outer BearingARA610016ARA610037Looks like the new one has a rubber sealed.
Wheel HexARA310447ARA31048413.6mm -> 16.5mm Thick

Back