Thermal upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
So I just ordered a few things to test what's the best thermal upgrades.... Granted I am no scientist and the variables will be as close as I can get them.

Test platform is going to be a blx 185 system that is installed in a losi 8 chassis. 3 diffs and all will be loaded up with 20 million oil 1 front and 1 rear tire strapped down for a load against motor. 45 t spur and 27t pinion. As long as it doesn't cogg on that gearing if it does I will have to lower pinion tooth count.

Fluid will be changed between every run.
I will set throttle to 50% on radio and monitor temps and time until 150f° is hit and timed afterwards until It drops back to 100f°

Testing will be
Stock motor
Motor with heat sink
Heat sink and fan
Heatsink with artic mx4 thermal past
Heat sink,paste and fan.

If you have any suggestions to make this more realistic let me know. Parts are still a few weeks out.

Ps I will also check on esc temps. On the final test I will run it 3 times to get a base esc temp then replace the thermal pads with the paste and check the difference as well

Might want to stock up on diff cups the spiders go into... if I'm reading what your doing correctly. Locking one tire on each diff so it "diffs out" to the other. Might be worth paying attention as to which tire you lock down so all the wear goes against the cheap plastic cup end vs the ring gear end. Just a thought.

Might want to stock up on diff cups the spiders go into... if I'm reading what your doing correctly. Locking one tire on each diff so it "diffs out" to the other. Might be worth paying attention as to which tire you lock down so all the wear goes against the cheap plastic cup end vs the ring gear end. Just a thought.
I have a few extra complete diffs by few I mean 7 of them lol. I expect carnage and the car is getting scrapped after for the trash bin.
I suspect with the gearing it will hit temps very fast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back