Thinking about getting a Nero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, i'm a new owner of Nero. I purchased to Towerhobbies because of the huge discount they make (but take care, It seems they do not want to heard something about warranty on it).
Anyway, I have this Nero and a Serpent Cobra 811e. For the pleasure of piloting the rc car, the Serpent is really on top and give me more pleasure than the Nero. The weight of the Nero is around 7 kg with batteries. It's a monster and you really feel the weight when driving and it is relativly slow. It is not incisive like my Serpent. I tried it on 6s but I exploded a tire in the five minutes of use.
I purchased a Monster because my first track is @ 5000 km and my Serpent have a lot of pain on bad ground (but no issue). I'm not addict to backflip or wheely, so to drive fast and accurate my buggy give me really more pleasure. Perhaps, it was better to buy a Truggy but the Nero was an opportunity and I'm not sure it was the good rc car for me. The purchase price is something but not all.

Hi, i'm a new owner of Nero. I purchased to Towerhobbies because of the huge discount they make (but take care, It seems they do not want to heard something about warranty on it).
Anyway, I have this Nero and a Serpent Cobra 811e. For the pleasure of piloting the rc car, the Serpent is really on top and give me more pleasure than the Nero. The weight of the Nero is around 7 kg with batteries. It's a monster and you really feel the weight when driving and it is relativly slow. It is not incisive like my Serpent. I tried it on 6s but I exploded a tire in the five minutes of use.
I purchased a Monster because my first track is @ 5000 km and my Serpent have a lot of pain on bad ground (but no issue). I'm not addict to backflip or wheely, so to drive fast and accurate my buggy give me really more pleasure. Perhaps, it was better to buy a Truggy but the Nero was an opportunity and I'm not sure it was the good rc car for me. The purchase price is something but not all.
What do you mean Tower doesn't want to hear anything about warranty?

What do you mean Tower doesn't want to hear anything about warranty?
I exploded a tire on my brand new Nero after few minutes on 6s.
I contacted Arrma, and explain what's happened. They tell me to enter in contact with my seller Towerhobbies.
When I purchased a new set of tires to Towerhobbies, I explained that's happened (the tire exploned without any reason)
It is not normal that a tire exploned so easy and I asked them to contact Arrma and if they can provide me a new stock tire in my order.
I never got a reply about this.
The minimum of courtesy would have been to answer.
I suppose if I have a big issue problem, it will be the same.

I exploded a tire on my brand new Nero after few minutes on 6s.
I contacted Arrma, and explain what's happened. They tell me to enter in contact with my seller Towerhobbies.
When I purchased a new set of tires to Towerhobbies, I explained that's happened (the tire exploned without any reason)
It is not normal that a tire exploned so easy and I asked them to contact Arrma and if they can provide me a new stock tire in my order.
I never got a reply about this.
The minimum of courtesy would have been to answer.
I suppose if I have a big issue problem, it will be the same.

I've always heard it's best call and speak to someone as you can imagine they get many many many emails.

Are you in the US?

Not, I'm in the French West Indies. English is not my native language. More easy to write than speaking on the phone.
But if they received so much emails from customers, they send so much promotional emails.
I contact them twice. And believe me, when it is for an order, they answer...

Do you have any videos of said, exploding tire???

Not a video but a picture. nero2.jpg

This happened when I tried 6s lipo. After less than 5 mn. Nothing particular on the spot. I ran here twice a week. The tire balooning too much. I need to unglue them and put tape inside. But they are well glued from factory. So I left like this. Mistake !
The price of rc tire is stupidly high. More than I use on my mountain-bike for less material and less technology. RC tire have no metallic structure and it is for this they ballooning and exploded. It is a shame for this price. I sent this photo to Towerhobbies where I purchased my Nero. As I said they don't want to answer. Anyway, in one hand you have your rebate's coupon but in the other hand I lost the price of the stock tire replacement (65 us$ door to door for a peer of stock tires). Not really happy.

This happened when I tried 6s lipo. After less than 5 mn. Nothing particular on the spot. I ran here twice a week. The tire balooning too much. I need to unglue them and put tape inside. But they are well glued from factory. So I left like this. Mistake !
The price of rc tire is stupidly high. More than I use on my mountain-bike for less material and less technology. RC tire have no metallic structure and it is for this they ballooning and exploded. It is a shame for this price. I sent this photo to Towerhobbies where I purchased my Nero. As I said they don't want to answer. Anyway, in one hand you have your rebate's coupon but in the other hand I lost the price of the stock tire replacement (65 us$ door to door for a peer of stock tires). Not really happy.
I hate to say this because I do feel like if they are going to market a vehicle as 6S compatible then it should be just that....6S compatible, but really it's all about throttle control. I have a Nero as well and have not exploded tires because I do not let them get to the point of becoming pizza cutters (ballooning). My advice is seal up the hole in the center diff (search internet to find how to do this) and add 300 to 500 weight silicone diff fluid. This will send some of that power to the rear wheels and cut down on the ballooning. Or try and find tires with stiffer or belted construction, or run on 4S, or utilize throttle control like I do. It does take them some time to reply back to emails, they should eventually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back