Big Rock Bought myself a new rig...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgerking

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
IMG_20210613_164528.jpg
IMG_20210613_164536.jpg

Thanks for the help lads 🤠, just waiting on a ec5 charger cable 😭

Last edited:
So just get a Typhon and put big wheels on it so I don't have to change that stuff later
The Big Rock and Typhon are essentially the same except for body and wheels. But one other difference is the Typhon has 17mm axles/hexes/hubs. More durable with better wheel selection.

No bumper really on typhon, but they are essentially same vehicles choose both have double the fun

That’s what I did 🤷‍♂️
What have you done to yours, do you run a dust cover or should I just blow it out with an air compressor after every run like I do with my crawlers?
I have the Typhon 3s, and I love it. I rarely jump it: I'm mostly into flat runs on or off pavement. I put Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher wheels and tires on my Typhon for better stability in high speed turns off road, and I also have a set of Duratrax Bandito tires for high speed street running.

View attachment 150318

View attachment 150319
did you do anything out of the box such as washers on the motor screws or putting in some loctite, just wondering if they are necessary

Last edited:
What have you done to yours, do you run a dust cover or should I just blow it out with an air compressor after every run like I do with my crawlers?
Not much. Bigger wheels, smaller pinion (13T).

I tried dust covers but they caused my motor/esc temps to rise. Now I just use an air compressor.

did you do anything out of the box such as washers on the motor screws or putting in some loctite, just wondering if they are necessary
The first thing I changed on my Typhon 3s is the factory servo, which is underpowered and slow. I replaced the stock servo with a Power HD LW25MG 25kg servo waterproof, metal gear servo before I even drove the Typhon for the first time. The other changes I've made (shocks, tires, and aluminum steering bellcrank) were more as a result of personal choice rather than out of necessity. Based on what I've read here on the forum, I should probably put some Loctite on the screw where the stub axles attach to the driveshafts, but so far I haven't had any issues with those screws or any others coming loose. I do not run a dust cover: I don't run on loose dirt or gravel, I only run on pavement or grass so far.

Tengo el Typhon 3 y me encanta. Rara vez lo salto: me gustan principalmente las pistas planas dentro o fuera del pavimento. Puse ruedas y neumáticos Pro-Line 2.8 Zanjadora en mi Typhon para una mejor estabilidad en giros de alta velocidad fuera de la carretera, y también tengo un juego de neumáticos Duratrax Bandito para correr en la calle a alta velocidad.

[ATTACH = full] 150318 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 150319 [/ ATTACH]
hola que tal se comporta con las ruedas esas en asfalto puedes girar a rapida velocidad saludos

I go for the 17mm hex. You can convert the big rock to 17mm just need the stub axels and Typhon hex set. Both are great….no bad choice here.

Hey guys as it says in the title I am currently looking at either a 3s typhon or big rock and want your opinions before I buy either one, I am new to fast cars but have had crawlers for years.
My area is mostly open rough grass/dirt but I would find a way to get some jumps
What do you recommend? What is different about them? Are they very different in terms of how they drive? What breaks on them? What upgrades are suggested?

Any responses would be appreciated thank you :):):)
All in Australia so should get her quick and got car batteries and charger poop cheaper than just getting a Typhon in Australia ATM 🤠

Screenshot_2021-06-09-14-53-48-629_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I have 45 hrs on my big rock absolutely love that truck ,if you live in county big rock all day 💥

Love the chassis cover man. Ingenious.
All in Australia so should get her quick and got car batteries and charger poop cheaper than just getting a Typhon in Australia ATM 🤠

View attachment 151031

You made an excellent choice mate. After driving my buddies new Typhon yesterday I'm glad I got a Big Rock instead. Actually I have 2 Big Rocks I love them so much. He hit a curb and bent a shock shaft and the buggy is less than 24 hrs old. The Big Rock would have survived the curb crash better due to its bumper and bigger (Granite) wheels.

Plus I'm just a better driver and jumped over the curb 😉

Last edited:
Back