Tire rubber protector shine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tires are always in the shelf dirty or dull looking. Even after cleaning good with a brush and simple green. What product can i use to make them shine without the drawback of damaging them in the longrun?
You’ve inspired me lol..

IMG_4072.jpeg
IMG_4071.jpeg

I imagine to some extent they are vulcanized some how in the molding process. Probably are not 100% rubber. But even scale tires are not 100% pure rubber. Scale tires will dry rot just like RC tires will.

All those Boutique RC and even Bicycle products are way too expensive. Just Snake Oil at $16. a bottle. That is just a complete waste of coin IMHO. To each their own.
Probably works, but no better than just using Dawn dish soap. It says both Tire and HAND Cleaner????:rolleyes: What a Joke. Come on now. Even sounds like some magical Snake oil do it all $16. stuff.
When it comes to RC Boutique products, much is just repurposed basic chemicals. That gets marked up and branded for "RC use". Cow markets their stuff hard. LHS's and all love to push this stuff like it is some staple needed RC item. I bet the high profit margin supports it well.
Apparently its the same product they use on their wipes but in liquid form

This is what I use on a lot of my rc plastics, also works well on tires. I use it to get rid of the white residue after tire glue dries, does a great job and leaves it non-greasy and clean.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 161651.png

Same water repellent tire gel with a sponge applicator as my 1:1 vehicles.

IMG_1561.jpeg

I never use straight simple green, maybe 60/40 water mix at the most.

Are rc tires vulcanized?
The short answer is: yes.
The follow up: Technically speaking, all rubber is vulcanized as the pellets from which it's made would be useless to the consumer so, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

The short answer is: yes.
The follow up: Technically speaking, all rubber is vulcanized as the pellets from which it's made would be useless to the consumer so, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
I honestly had no idea. I know as much about rubber as an oral surgeon knows about rectal surgery.

My tires are always in the shelf dirty or dull looking. Even after cleaning good with a brush and simple green. What product can i use to make them shine without the drawback of damaging them in the longrun?
If you have ever seen my rigs, I look the clean/shiny tire look.

For Offroad RCs, I just spray them with the same SC1 silicone spray that I spray on the RC plastic. I also put some tire shock oil on my finger and wipe on my touring car tires and also put on my 4x4 tires when I have the painted white letters that I paint on. Silicone breaks the paint down, but the shock oil does not.

All tires are great, with no cracks or damage.

(y)

One downfall to silicone spray is that dust and dirt participles can be attracted to the spray, causing a higher chance of squeaking after the Lubrication was performed.

https://trhservices.ca/technical-insights/silicone-spray-vs-wd40/

Hah, you left the following sentence out which is essential.

One downfall to silicone spray is that dust and dirt participles can be attracted to the spray, causing a higher chance of squeaking after the Lubrication was performed. For this reason, if you are lubricating a tight area, it is essential to clean the area first with a degreaser such as WD40 then only use a small amount of silicone spray to help lubricate the area.

So yeah, silicone spray FTW :cool:

Hah, you left the following sentence out which is essential.

One downfall to silicone spray is that dust and dirt participles can be attracted to the spray, causing a higher chance of squeaking after the Lubrication was performed. For this reason, if you are lubricating a tight area, it is essential to clean the area first with a degreaser such as WD40 then only use a small amount of silicone spray to help lubricate the area.

So yeah, silicone spray FTW :cool:

This article is only comparing silicone to wd40 and assumes that those are your only 2 choices.

Does konw one of you wonder way rubber companys never store their rubber with oil or other equal products? They use kind of flour (not the one made out of corn or so). I think its chalk or talkum. So if you want to properly store rubber tires use that. I don't like shiny tires as mostly they are oily and therefor not good when you drive on concrete or so.

Back