Infraction Tire wear, how many packs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myster_E

Reaction score
If I drive my new infraction like a normal idiot, not a crazy idiot, how many battery packs on average can I expect a set of tires to last? Are we talking a new set every 5 battery packs or will I get 20? Just driving it in parking lots, not doing burn outs.

PXL_20211016_233459621.jpg

If I drive my new infraction like a normal idiot, not a crazy idiot, how many battery packs on average can I expect a set of tires to last? Are we talking a new set every 5 battery packs or will I get 20? Just driving it in parking lots, not doing burn outs.

View attachment 174870
I get through about 7 packs of 6s using GRP S7s. on Hoons it is 3to 4 packs. don't use Hoons anymore as GRPs are cheaper and last longer

Where do you buy your grp's? My LHS doesn't carry them. Would you happen to have a link?

I've managed around 25-30 packs out of my stock white compounds - apparently an impossible feat 🤣

It mostly depends on the surface you're running on and how trigger happy you are. I mostly ran mine on cold, smooth, dusty tarmac in a sheltered car park. The wear on the tyres was hardly noticeable. But then a few runs on a coarser, hotter asphalt (typical road surface) and the tyres began to peel a bit

View attachment 174870
It really depends on how you drive I can stretch a set of hoons to almost 20 - 30 packs if you just do straight line hits. But if you drift expect 6-9 packs

You can't really drive this thing without drifting it can you? 😂

Sounds like I can probably comfortably get 10 packs out of these hoons if I'm conservative.
Gonna have to work a new set into my budget every couple months!

You can't really drive this thing without drifting it can you? 😂

Sounds like I can probably comfortably get 10 packs out of these hoons if I'm conservative.
Gonna have to work a new set into my budget every couple months!
I'm in the UK but you can get GRPs anywhere online. forgot to say I like drifting. it all comes down to how trigger happy you are and my infraction is bone stock just like cleets marauder;)

Last edited:
I've managed around 25-30 packs out of my stock white compounds - apparently an impossible feat 🤣

It mostly depends on the surface you're running on and how trigger happy you are. I mostly ran mine on cold, smooth, dusty tarmac in a sheltered car park. The wear on the tyres was hardly noticeable. But then a few runs on a coarser, hotter asphalt (typical road surface) and the tyres began to peel a bit
Im close behind you. No lie. No one believes me either, on White Hoons, I get some decent mileage. (on 6s)
I don't drift at all. No burnouts. My punch is all the way down. (for speedrunning) Only do speed runs or do consecutive laps on a paved Oval Banked bicycle Velodrome for my Infr. and Lim.
I can only say that the out the box Wheel alignment sucks, and if you don't correct it properly, right out the box, tires will wear unevenly and ruin in a heartbeat. It takes only one pack of abuse and a bad alignment to do this. Govern yourself accordingly.
I don't feel it matters what tires you are using. Sure some compounds may last a bit longer. There is not one better tire out there wear wise. Some will have better traction though. And that is subjective to how you run your rig.
My spin.:cool:

Infraction if I did not bash it or drift it as I stole it I could get more. 2-3 runs for me. Open parking lot medium to smooth asphalt running GRP S7 in the summer. Keep in mind on 2x 8000mah batteries I am full throttle the entire time speeding up and down as I bank turns in that speed, wide long drifts and long wide drifts around the grass median in the lot. I get about 10-12 min. Then I bring it in swap the tires from front to back because the back I cannot see the GRP lines anymore like the front on the first run. I can do that swap about 2x after the first and they are coming apart. Game Changer fans let me keep running it back to back with very low temps.

Yes, if were gentle I could get more but I only get to bash it now 2x month and have been so busy right now I can not drive. It has been 45 days since the last bash does not bother me to burn tires since I bash it so infrequently (y)

I get mine from Hobby Heroes or Nitro Hobbies. They are also plentiful on Amazon and eBay. I run the GTJ version as those have the hard rim to minimize flex.
Would you be nice enough to give a link to these? I am on hobby heroes and I see GT S7, but none with a J

Thank you so much for your time…

Yes those are the tires. I get about 12 packs through grp. Occasionally more , some times less I like the smell of the burning rubber.

Im close behind you. No lie. No one believes me either, on White Hoons, I get some decent mileage. (on 6s)
I don't drift at all. No burnouts. My punch is all the way down. (for speedrunning) Only do speed runs or do consecutive laps on a paved Oval Banked bicycle Velodrome for my Infr. and Lim.
I can only say that the out the box Wheel alignment sucks, and if you don't correct it properly, right out the box, tires will wear unevenly and ruin in a heartbeat. It takes only one pack of abuse and a bad alignment to do this. Govern yourself accordingly.
I don't feel it matters what tires you are using. Sure some compounds may last a bit longer. There is not one better tire out there wear wise. Some will have better traction though. And that is subjective to how you run your rig.
My spin.:cool:
Aww man …you have access to a velodrome?! Lucky!

^^^
It was a deteriorated mess back in the early 2000's. Then it was repaved about 10 years ago. It has an elevated Judges stand. Where we stand. Not many Velodromes around these days. City Parks doesn't really maintain it well however . But thats not new. Fastest speed I can get was 68mph out of bank 2.
Racing my son and the Infraction with my Lim is a pisser. There is a sign now posted that says no motorized vehicles. I've been called out on this. But it is meant for E bikes etc. RC cars are toys not Vehices that convey people. Yet no cyclists complain of the E bikes running 30+ MPH passing reguIar Cyclists. I never run with cyclists. I wait my turn when it is open. Or unless a cyclist doesn't mind some single speedrun passes. Mostly get onlookers in the stands taking video. I met so many onlookers that wanted these rigs. Every so often I get someone there with one thanking me for turning them onto RC. Sometimes I don't even remember them.:) Been going there since I was a kid. I was running my 1/10 RC10L pan car there.
When my son first saw this velodrome He was blown away. His favorite spot. There is also many dirt fields there for our off road gear. That's as good as it gets for us, since it is a 15 minute drive for us. I can run consecutive laps getting about 7-8 miles per pack. Temps are not too bad either. Because you don't run flat out full trigger.

^^^
It was a deteriorated mess back in the early 2000's. Then it was repaved about 10 years ago. It has an elevated Judges stand. Where we stand. Not many Velodromes around these days. City Parks doesn't really maintain it well however . But thats not new. Fastest speed I can get was 68mph out of bank 2.
Racing my son and the Infraction with my Lim is a pisser. There is a sign now posted that says no motorized vehicles. I've been called out on this. But it is meant for E bikes etc. RC cars are toys not Vehices that convey people. Yet no cyclists complain of the E bikes running 30+ MPH passing reguIar Cyclists. I never run with cyclists. I wait my turn when it is open. Or unless a cyclist doesn't mind some single speedrun passes. Mostly get onlookers in the stands taking video. I met so many onlookers that wanted these rigs. Every so often I get someone there with one thanking me for turning them onto RC. Sometimes I don't even remember them.:) Been going there since I was a kid. I was running my 1/10 RC10L pan car there.
When my son first saw this velodrome He was blown away. His favorite spot. There is also many dirt fields there for our off road gear. That's as good as it gets for us, since it is a 15 minute drive for us. I can run consecutive laps getting about 7-8 miles per pack. Temps are not too bad either. Because you don't run flat out full trigger.
Mine was Hellyer park velodrome in San Jose, ca. I live about 20 min from it for 20 years. I loved riding and racing there. I can see what a blast road rc cars would be on one!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back