Kraton So many choices..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I picked up a stock, brand new, never run, Kraton 6s BLX on a trade a couple weeks ago. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. Here’s the options I’m considering:

1. Leave it stock, enjoy it, upgrade as it breaks.

2. M2C Beefcake, Max8 system, and send it to the moon.

3. Lightweight speed basher, M2C light chassis, lots of CF, Max8. Field runner, light basher.

4. Kraton XL, full M2C Beefcake, Basherqueen 7075 bulkheads, Max6 1100kv, and bash it within an inch of its life.

I have a Sledge that’s built exactly like option 2, so maybe that’s not the way I’ll go. I have my Notorious, which is already M2C’d out as well. I’d love option 4, but finding a body that fits an 1/8 scale truck with that wheelbase is tough, and I’m really picky about body fitment. Gonna have to think on this one for a bit. What’s y’all’s opinion?

Is the Slug running a Max8 G2 combo? I ask cuz it seems the Max8 combo struggles with heat issues in heavy rigs. I've only heard, no experience.
Yep, but I haven’t installed it yet. I was told to keep the gearing low and monitor temps, then gear up accordingly. If it does overheat a lot to where it’s not worth it, I guess I’ll just have to drop that setup in the Notorious to see how it does. 😬

Yep, but I haven’t installed it yet. I was told to keep the gearing low and monitor temps, then gear up accordingly. If it does overheat a lot to where it’s not worth it, I guess I’ll just have to drop that setup in the Notorious to see how it does. 😬
I'm just asking so not advising.. from what I've seen/read, sounds like max8 G2 really shines in lightweight rigs such as ET48 even on 4s. I bet a lightweight K6 would rip with the Max8 combo though?
Yep, but I want to try. 😂
Well, ya got me tuned in,LOL. I'm excited for ya!!😁🍻
Hmm..a full CF build with Max8 combo would be bitchin'..😎

Last edited:
I'm just asking so not advising.. from what I've seen/read, sounds like max8 G2 really shines in lightweight rigs such as ET48 even on 4s. I bet a lightweight K6 would rip with the Max8 combo though?

Well, ya got me tuned in,LOL. I'm excited for ya!!😁🍻
Hmm..a full CF build with Max8 combo would be bitchin'..😎
That’s what I was thinking. Just a sick lightweight build, strip it down to the necessities, sort of a Kraton/Talion illegitimate child? Either or, I think it’d be an absolute blast. But a Kraton XL would be fun too….

So I picked up a stock, brand new, never run, Kraton 6s BLX on a trade a couple weeks ago. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. Here’s the options I’m considering:

1. Leave it stock, enjoy it, upgrade as it breaks.

2. M2C Beefcake, Max8 system, and send it to the moon.

3. Lightweight speed basher, M2C light chassis, lots of CF, Max8. Field runner, light basher.

4. Kraton XL, full M2C Beefcake, Basherqueen 7075 bulkheads, Max6 1100kv, and bash it within an inch of its life.

I have a Sledge that’s built exactly like option 2, so maybe that’s not the way I’ll go. I have my Notorious, which is already M2C’d out as well. I’d love option 4, but finding a body that fits an 1/8 scale truck with that wheelbase is tough, and I’m really picky about body fitment. Gonna have to think on this one for a bit. What’s y’all’s opinion?
I normally recommend running them stock, enjoying them, and upgrading them when they break. But you are a seasoned pro in this hobby, so I‘ll refrain from that recommendation. Do whatever you’re feeling, man. Do have have a certain niche that hasn’t been filled with any of your other rigs?

☝️Someone who actually read between the lines?! HaHa!! I completely missed the concept of choosing a number!!🤪🤣🤣
I guess by my suggestions it's obvious what "I" want,LOL.
I'm also the type who uses as is, upgrade as needed, AKA broke!!😛 @Xjeepguy is surely well versed in rc's 🍻
I have a vision of a lightweight build using as much CF as I could get my hands on..chassis, towers..then leave the plastic braces,blx diffs and all in tact. Just to see how bitchin a lightweight K6 can be..call me crazy, most do!!😉🤪🤣🤣🍻

Last edited:
I normally recommend running them stock, enjoying them, and upgrading them when they break. But you are a seasoned pro in this hobby, so I‘ll refrain from that recommendation. Do whatever you’re feeling, man. Do have have a certain niche that hasn’t been filled with any of your other rigs?
I already have several stupid fast rigs, I don't however, have one that is really stable at high speeds, that can keep its front wheels down at the slightest blip of the throttle. I think I’m leaning toward option 4. That long wheelbase would handle really nice. Maybe option 4, but with a Max8 setup. Hmmm.
I’ve always ran as stock , fix when broken , instead of all the extra $$$ in upgrades ……. buy more rigs with !!! Lol
But then again , I don’t use my bashers much , or as of lately, at all !!! Lol
I already have 28 rigs lol. I’m actually running out of room! 😂
☝️Someone who actually read between the lines?! HaHa!! I completely missed the concept of choosing a number!!🤪🤣🤣
I guess by my suggestions it's obvious what "I" want,LOL.
I'm also the type who uses as is, upgrade as needed, AKA broke!!😛 @Xjeepguy is surely well versed in rc's 🍻
I have a vision of a lightweight build using as much CF as I could get my hands on..chassis, towers..then leave the plastic braces,blx diffs and all in tact. Just to see how bitchin a lightweight K6 can be..call me crazy, most do!!😉🤪🤣🤣🍻
The lightweight speed basher may very well be my next project after this one. Then I’ll have the 6s platform in 3 different wheelbases, with 3 completely different purposes.

Option #4 is my vote. But then, I build almost all my rigs like option #4. LOL
I’ve never really done the beefcake thing to any of my rigs because it makes them so damned heavy. But then again, I don’t bash as hard as many here do and don’t really send anything to the moon. For most of mine, I typically stick to upgrading chassis braces, shock towers, servo mounts, motor mounts, and C-hubs/carriers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back