Tired of bending your motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
CB2D26C5-3EC2-4AFA-A751-4554A2BCE0CD.jpeg

DA7883C0-AF29-48A1-8E51-EF0BDF03AB10.jpeg

For the thousandth time I landed a little awkwardly on the front end of my Typhon 3S and the motor’s forward momentum bent the mount. Some of you probably experienced this - gear mesh gets thrashed because your motor is now several degrees off center and you lose a spur or worse. Followed by angrily hammering your mount as flat as you can.

I’ve seen some 3D printed and custom solutions on here, but I just went basic. Move your ESC down into the tub, measure a wood block, insert.

Now to go purposely crash head on into something.

View attachment 55119
View attachment 55120

For the thousandth time I landed a little awkwardly on the front end of my Typhon 3S and the motor’s forward momentum bent the mount. Some of you probably experienced this - gear mesh gets thrashed because your motor is now several degrees off center and you lose a spur or worse. Followed by angrily hammering your mount as flat as you can.

I’ve seen some 3D printed and custom solutions on here, but I just went basic. Move your ESC down into the tub, measure a wood block, insert.

Now to go purposely crash head on into something.

I like the idea buddy... keep an eye on the esc tabs.. if there is enough momentum it could possibly break them.. but I like the approach brother... the k.i.s.s principle is always best, I try to remind myself of that often... thanks for sharing brudy!

I like the idea buddy... keep an eye on the esc tabs.. if there is enough momentum it could possibly break them.. but I like the approach brother... the k.i.s.s principle is always best, I try to remind myself of that often... thanks for sharing brudy!
Thanks brother. Yeah I’m thinking that the ESC could potentially tear from the threads if I got in a serious enough accident. But I swear, even moderate hits like say landing from a jump on the front wheels (no crash, just landing there) or tapping a wall at the right angle will cause the motor mount to bend enough to cause a problem. I’ve tried both the stock mount and currently the HR mount and both bend so easily in my experience.

Or I just drive like crap.

Thanks brother. Yeah I’m thinking that the ESC could potentially tear from the threads if I got in a serious enough accident. But I swear, even moderate hits like say landing from a jump on the front wheels (no crash, just landing there) or tapping a wall at the right angle will cause the motor mount to bend enough to cause a problem. I’ve tried both the stock mount and currently the HR mount and both bend so easily in my experience.

Or I just drive like crap.
Haha I for sure drive like crap. I’ve only bent mine once so far, but I need to recheck mine after a hard nose landing today. I was able to break my TBone bumper, so I’m gonna assume it was hard enough that I need to inspect it.

Haha I for sure drive like crap. I’ve only bent mine once so far, but I need to recheck mine after a hard nose landing today. I was able to break my TBone bumper, so I’m gonna assume it was hard enough that I need to inspect it.
Dude seriously I’m sure I’m worse.

First time I bent the mount during a run (and I’m old) - my depth perception was like, “Oh that light pole is far away” and then ding. Probably 35mph straight on to a cement based light pole. That’s actually when my battery also projected forward and broke the front battery mount. Stock motor mount.

Second time my brother jumped the sidewalk, went airborne and hit the only big tree on a 14 house cul-de-sac. Swapped to HR mount.

Third, fourth, and fifth times were from nosedives in both grass and dirt. I started leaving an old solid wood table leg in my truck so I could use it to slam my mount back flat on a cinder block I also packed. The table leg‘s diameter is larger than the mount so it was pretty effective.

Just this past Saturday I was at the local track and ran into someone else. Think it was a Mugen. Tiny and light. Mount bent. WTH.

So here we are today. I’ll report back if this mod works or not. Seems like it should.

EDIT also I was far enough down the track that I didn’t hear that my mesh was messed up from the collision and the mount bending. Came home to this.

A68E08FB-C95C-477F-AE50-92AF29F8295C.jpeg

I have mentioned it to the relevant people... @Mitchell looper @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 ....???
Yes, I remember this post and thread, guess no one is listening, ?
Maybe arrma but always out of stock everywhere and shipment always delayed on horizon
Upsetting and dissapointing
I thought people were still bending the Arrma and Hot Racing aftermarket pieces, thats why I haven't bought any, waiting on a strong billet piece to materialize.

Yes, I remember this post and thread, guess no one is listening, ?

I thought people were still bending the Arrma and Hot Racing aftermarket pieces, thats why I haven't bought any, waiting on a strong billet piece to materialize.
Yes. The HR mount isn’t totally flat on both sides like the stock Arrma mount (has fins, don’t know if it’s for durability, cooling, both, or neither) so I thought it’d be more durable, but I’d argue the aluminum is much softer than the Arrma mount. I can hammer the HR mount flat very easily whereas the Arrma one requires a vise and a lot of cursing.

Yes. The HR mount isn’t totally flat on both sides like the stock Arrma mount (has fins, don’t know if it’s for durability, cooling, both, or neither) so I thought it’d be more durable, but I’d argue the aluminum is much softer than the Arrma mount. I can hammer the HR mount flat very easily whereas the Arrma one requires a vise and a lot of cursing.
So the arrma billet one would be definetly stronger then

So the arrma billet one would be definetly stronger then
I believe so. I haven’t bashed it in over a month since swapping my pinion, but it took very hard direct hits to the front to bend it. The HR one, if I don’t land perfectly it has a tendency to bend, which is silly.

Of course there’s a chance I’ve weakened it by bending and straightening it so many times.

I believe so. I haven’t bashed it in over a month since swapping my pinion, but it took very hard direct hits to the front to bend it. The HR one, if I don’t land perfectly it has a tendency to bend, which is silly.

Of course there’s a chance I’ve weakened it by bending and straightening it so many times.
Icant allow myself any nose hits even minor ones or it bends
Also ruins my pinions
To the point when going backwards its 3 times quieter than fowards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back