Tires on arrma kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tires are the same size just different thread. So I thought they would rotate at the same RPM. The rims are 3.8 and the overall tire size is 6in. I can understand if the if thet were different says like 2.8 on front and 3.8 on back.

The Minokawa are lighter (by about 20%) and a little wider than the backflips. The grip supplied by both sets of tyres will be different because of the treads. I realise that uneven surfaces, wheelies etc.. also has an impact but their effect is only transient. Wouldn’t running wheels/tyres with these differences have an adverse effect on the drivetrain ?

The tires are the same size just different thread. So I thought they would rotate at the same RPM. The rims are 3.8 and the overall tire size is 6in. I can understand if the if thet were different says like 2.8 on front and 3.8 on back

same size 3.8's but different widths...

Try it.. whats the worst that can happen :D Its only an RC car can only break so much lol

Has anybody ran the stock tires on front and the backflips on the back. I was thinking of doing that just wondering if anybody else has done it and is it any good or not.
This is what will happen: the Backflips have much more grip than the stock tires, for your center diff that means more resistance from the rear diff. So your center diff will rotate much faster and it bleeds more power to the front wheels. Hence you will burn your center diff and explode your front tires. If you try this i would put very heavy diff oil in the center diff.

A center diff allows the front tires and the rear tires to spin at different speeds, no? Isn't that what happens when the center diff unloads to the front? I have wheelied and the fronts are spinning faster than the rears.

I dunno that's how it was explained to me when I tried it and posted about it on the traxxas forum everyone went ape poop telling me I was about to break something and lucky I didn't, then I asked my buddy what the fiddlestick and that's how it was explained to me..

A center diff tho in theory splits the power again a math problem between the front and rear for a combined total, but if that totals 400rpm and your rears are seeing 300 and the front 200 your exceeding the center diffs ability by 100rpms.. Again stressing and binding..

Try and find out if im wrong nothing will happen, if im right, ya broke ya truck :D

I dunno that's how it was explained to me when I tried it and posted about it on the traxxas forum everyone went ape poop telling me I was about to break something and lucky I didn't, then I asked my buddy what the fiddlestick and that's how it was explained to me..

A center diff tho in theory splits the power again a math problem between the front and rear for a combined total, but if that totals 400rpm and your rears are seeing 300 and the front 200 your exceeding the center diffs ability by 100rpms.. Again stressing and binding..

Try and find out if im wrong nothing will happen, if im right, ya broke ya truck :D

I have no need to but I just might for the hell of it. Any chance you were discussing a Traxxas truck with a center driveshaft like the 3s BLX trucks? In that case it wouldn't work. But I don't see why it wouldn't work with a center diff. It would just be functioning as it should. Maybe @Jerry-rigged can shed some light on this.

Exactly that's what I thought the center diff was for. when I do wheelies the front tires balloon and I know they are spinning much faster. Even when you're going full speed the front raises up and the back tires lower down making them spin slower and the front spin faster that's why we put thicker diff oil in the center diff.

I have no need to but I just might for the hell of it. Any chance you were discussing a Traxxas truck with a center driveshaft like the 3s BLX trucks? In that case it wouldn't work. But I don't see why it wouldn't work with a center diff. It would just be functioning as it should. Maybe @Jerry-rigged can shed some light on this.

I was discussing my stampede yes so your right I didn't make a distinction between the 3s and 6s classes. But I was told it would be the same even with the 6s center diff, just worse with the 3s slipper.

Exactly that's what I thought the center diff was for. when I do wheelies the front tires balloon and I know they are spinning much faster. Even when you're going full speed the front raises up and the back tires lower down making them spin slower and the front spin faster that's why we put thicker diff oil in the center diff.

You can prove it one way or the other.... if you’ve got the bottle, lol. ?
Blast it like a ?......

It may look that way but I'd be willing to bet there going the same # of turns as the back wheels are.

It may look that way but I'd be willing to bet there going the same # of turns as the back wheels are.

How much do you have to loose? ? You would have to lock the center diff to have the front and rear spin at the same rate all the time. Do the left and right tires soon at the same rate all the time? No. When you turn the outside wheel spins faster than the inside wheel. The center diff is just like a from diff rotates 90 degrees.

Thank you so much for your time and information. I will just have to put the truck up until I get two more backflips I don't want to tear the truck up anymore. I bash pretty hard and have already replaced almost everything but the electronics I'n 5 months. This is why I was checking I could not find any information on this. Four-wheel-drive tires that are the same size just different thread. I knew you could put smaller tires on the front of a two wheel drive.

Seems like somebody tried to do exactly this a few months back. It was either with a Senton or Typhon, not sure but 6s. They had MT Tires in the back, and buggy tires up front. Looks cool, but everybody told him he would blow his Center diff. He ran it anyways, and said on the first battery, his Center diff blew out.

To me, this is no different than the guys with outcasts, that do wheelies all day long, right until the center diff melts down.

Yes it is the diff job to split the power, but you make it work hard continuously, and it's going to overheat and give up.

If you really feel the need to put big tires on the back, and small tires on the front, I would suggest getting that aluminum hot racing diff case for the center diff. That won't stop it from heating up, but the aluminum won't melt, and may dissipate a bit of heat. Eventually, you can still cook the Silicon oil, but it should last a bit longer that way.

I'm talking about putting Mt tires on the front and back. Same size everything just the front ones have different thread other than that everything else is the same.

Is it ok to put the minokawa MT-6S on the front of my kraton and the Backflips MT-6S on the back.

The backflips are about 25% heavier than the Minokawa's. The Minokawas are a bit wider than the backflips.
Personally I wouldn't run different wheels/tyres but I'd guess you'd want the heavier tyres that give better grip on the back.
But that puts the wider tyres that ballon more and give less grip on the front.

See https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/some-tire-weight-info.2301/

Is it ok to put the minokawa MT-6S on the front of my kraton and the Backflips MT-6S on the back.
right. I was showing that the difference in price is $5. If you have to buy more, the backflips will give you much more value over the $5 difference.

I'm talking about putting Mt tires on the front and back. Same size everything just the front ones have different thread other than that everything else is the same.
I thought the backflip tires were taller? This is the problem, the taller tire will have a different rollout, which will overwork the center diff.

Different trend on the same size tire is not an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back