Senton Tires wear super fast... suggestions? (3S BLX)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normand_Nadon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello again... I post a lot, but I am new and full of questions! :p

My Stenon 3S BLX on 3 cells seems to burn through it's tires really fast!
I ran it through 8 or 9 battery charges since I bought the truck new, last week, and the rear tires are close to look like slicks. The front have about 50% threads left.

I did run it a lot on pavement on the first few runs, but now, I mostly use it in grass and gravel... I don't understand why the tires get so much wear! Is it the 3 cells that are too much for this rubber?

What kind of tires do you suggest for this truck, keeping in mind that I run on 3 cells and it spins fast! (I don't mind buying 12mm adapters)

There's not many wheel options for the Senton 14mm hex unless you change the hubs/hex to 12 or 17mm. I tried the Traxxas SCT wheels as they are 14mm hex too but they have a different offset and rubbed on the knuckles.

I ended up buying a second set of the Senton wheels . Using the worn set on hard surfaces and the new set on grass and dirt. This is working well.

BTW. If you find the wheel nut are coming loose. Buy some proline wheel nuts. They have never come loose.
https://www.prolineracing.com/performance-parts/4mm-serrated-wheel-lock-nuts.asp

I run my Senton 3S mostly on pavement and had the same tire wear issue on stock tires. I’ve since put on a set of Duratrax Speedtreads Robber SC. 50+ packs in all on 3S and the tires are still going strong. You’ll need a set of 12mm hexes - AR310816 - to run the Duratrax tires though.

I don’t run my Senton on gravel and grass as I use my Granite for those surfaces. On those surfaces I quite like the Proline Badlands MX2.8 but they won’t fit the Senton unless you do some significant trimming to the body.

If you have access to horizon hobbies webpage they list about 20 or 30 st and mt 14mm wheels and tires. Looks like most are on backorder though. Amazon lists a few sets as well just type in 14mm rc wheels I to the search criteria. So far I've used the speedhawks for pavement runs and the stock tires for offroad. Happy with both of them at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Spe...&qid=1600744371&sprefix=durateax+speed&sr=8-2

https://www.horizonhobby.com/cars-a...HexSize&prefv2=14mm&start=0&sz=24&return=true

Last edited:
The stock tires are as far away as possible to be suitable for pavements. They are large blocks style, which is amazing for grass and sand but will wear super fast on pavement.

I have a set that lasted me almost two years, but I run them where they were designed to be run. I say keep yours for pavement running as they are already slicks :) and get another set of stock tires strictly for off-road

BTW, there are at least 4 different wheel offsets for SC wheels, I have no idea which offset the Senton uses, that's on my list of things to (eventually) figure out.

BTW, there are at least 4 different wheel offsets for SC wheels, I have no idea which offset the Senton uses, that's on my list of things to (eventually) figure out.
I measured it after seeing your video some time ago. I measured 25mm, so pretty close to a slash 4x4 (or 2wd rear).

Regardless, i would always suggest using the stock wheels due to the 14mm hex. if the tires are worn, remove them and instead buy unmounted tires and glue to the old wheels. that way you avoid trying new wheels and hexes.

Traxxas sct wheels 100% do not fit Senton without mods. I've tried.

Traxxas sct wheels 100% do not fit Senton without mods. I've tried.

There are two different offsets of Traxxas SCT wheels. Also, are you sure you had Traxxas wheels? I've never heard of 14mm Traxxas wheels.

Yep. Genuine traxxas still sealed in bag. #TX5973 for a Traxxas Slayer. Wrong offset. Slash may be different.

Last edited:
Wasn't the Slayer that REVO based SCT? (with the lay-down shocks) Not a Slash at all...

do not get ST or MT wheel/tire sizes. Get the SC size.
I have a set of the Duratrax 14mm ST tires, in the sixpack flavor - they are within a few mm diameter and width of Proline SCT Badlands.

Wasn't the Slayer that REVO based SCT? (with the lay-down shocks) Not a Slash at all...

This is the Slayer, yes with horizontal shocks. A SCT. And those are the wheels I tried.
trax-31414-1-800x800_0.jpg

Sorry OP if I've derailed your post a little.

Wow, I was out for a few days and go 5 millions answers! :D

The local Hobby shop suggested some Proline Trenchers SC as good all rounders with good wear resistance (using 12mm adapters)
https://www.zonehobbies.net/collect...lash-4x4-front-or-rear?variant=32174071971936

And then maybe some Proline Street Fighter SC (with 12mm adapters) for those parking lot runs
https://www.zonehobbies.net/collect...lash-4x4-front-or-rear?variant=32174071971936

What are your thoughts? 230 Canadian dollars is a lot of money for RC tires!

Well, ProLine is pretty pricey. Also, you need to consider the system.
Raid Black 6x30 Removable Hex Wheels

There are similar pre-mounts from Duratrax for less.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back