Mojave Titanium drive shaft “touching” servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So I’m building 2 Xl kratons on Mojave chassis’s both chastises are M2C’s. I used scorched RC titanium drive shafts on both I noticed during the build that there was VERY little clearance between the drive shaft and the inside rear servo support there’s maybe 1/16” of a inch max! I’ve driven the first one for 20 min with no issues. The second one I’m building right now and the drive shaft “touches” the rear servo support on the one.
I’ll post pictures of the drive shaft later today.
EE739498-9961-478E-92CC-4936CF48EA34.jpeg
A3745630-6EE9-4EC3-8678-8BB3B78018A7.jpeg

JustBashIt makes an extended height servo mount as a solution to this. You can still run them the way they are but you'll start to notice a little wear on your shafts right at that area. Another thing you can try is putting some spacers underneath the servo mount arms to raise it up a few mm but then you have to compensate for that with your servo arm connection as well. The JBI piece is a little pricey but well worth it especially since its a one piece all aluminum upgrade whereas other servo mounts have the legs separate.

JustBashIt makes an extended height servo mount as a solution to this. You can still run them the way they are but you'll start to notice a little wear on your shafts right at that area. Another thing you can try is putting some spacers underneath the servo mount arms to raise it up a few mm but then you have to compensate for that with your servo arm connection as well. The JBI piece is a little pricey but well worth it especially since its a one piece all aluminum upgrade whereas other servo mounts have the legs separate.
I presume you could probably do the same and shim the servo arm connection in equal measure, no? Would definitely be the cheaper and faster solution.

I presume you could probably do the same and shim the servo arm connection in equal measure, no? Would definitely be the cheaper and faster solution.
Most defintely cheaper and faster to add the spacers. I just like JBI stuff ALOT. They don't get mentioned as much as Scorched or M2C but their products are top notch IMHO.

Most defintely cheaper and faster to add the spacers. I just like JBI stuff ALOT. They don't get mentioned as much as Scorched or M2C but their products are top notch IMHO.
I ordered 2 of the JBI extended servo mounts. I looked at those but wasn’t sure. I was messing with shims but like this idea much better.

Fatter front shafts are a problem. I never felt the need for them at the front anyway. Stockers are ok.
My Lim is the exception.

Last edited:
I was distracted by the custom painted body.. :love:... I'm sorry servo what now? :LOL:.

Glad you got a solution!

Fatter front shafts are a problem. I never felt the need for them at the front anyway. Stockers are ok.
My Lim is the exception.
I run them in both my infractions really liked them so figured I’d use them in these 2 builds. I looked at the extended service mount figured I’d throw the question on here if that was the answer I got I’d get 2.
I was distracted by the custom painted body.. :love:... I'm sorry servo what now? :LOL:.

Glad you got a solution!
😂 I have a matching silver one “hopefully” getting painted next week. @Ajag 😉.

I ordered 2 of the JBI extended servo mounts. I looked at those but wasn’t sure. I was messing with shims but like this idea much better.
So I ordered 2 of the just bash it extended servo mounts (hoping they get here next 2-3 days) I also had a hot racing servo mount I figured I’d try and see if that worked. It does it gives me the clearance I needed no more “touching.I’m going to try the just bash it in the other Xl kraton see which one has more clearance
A96082B5-FE29-4589-B664-F45362F455A0.png
00498B53-8853-4000-9EDF-DA31DDB5AA33.png
30A39A9F-1B70-439C-AEA1-EFBD48B14817.png
CE60B5A8-26A9-4527-8C4E-355769439BB7.png

So I ordered the just bash it servo mounts arrived today. Got home from practice and had a minute so I tried it out. The JBI mount is 35.4mm the EXB mounts 35.7mm (35.6mm where the drive shift “touched”).
So I left the EXB in I figured I’d rather have the drive shaft “touch” the plastic of the EXB mount then the aluminum of the JBI mount. I have driven the one with the Hot Racing mount yet having a bulkhead issue.🤬

E14DF629-3FC4-459E-B03D-E58FF325BA41.png

DF78BA9C-0CE5-4966-AA40-93911EE6FFEC.png

EC613D6F-F169-49F8-BBF3-FB92086E6E2B.png

So I ordered the just bash it servo mounts arrived today. Got home from practice and had a minute so I tried it out. The JBI mount is 35.4mm the EXB mounts 35.7mm (35.6mm where the drive shift “touched”).
So I left the EXB in I figured I’d rather have the drive shaft “touch” the plastic of the EXB mount then the aluminum of the JBI mount. I have driven the one with the Hot Racing mount yet having a bulkhead issue.🤬

View attachment 256357

View attachment 256358

View attachment 256359
When I built my speedrunner typhon I put the scorched titanium center driveshafts in as well. I was using the shorter jbi servo mount & ran into the same clearance issue. I ended up taking the dremel to the underside of the mount, making a chamfered edge to get the room I needed, so I could try to keep the same geometry & elevations on the arms/ linkages

20220822_181853.jpg

When I built my speedrunner typhon I put the scorched titanium center driveshafts in as well. I was using the shorter jbi servo mount & ran into the same clearance issue. I ended up taking the dremel to the underside of the mount, making a chamfered edge to get the room I needed, so I could try to keep the same geometry & elevations on the arms/ linkages

View attachment 256364
I was going to do that but the hot racing mount gave me enough room it’s tight but I’ve been watching it and haven’t noticed it touching. I did the same thing for the other XL Kraton. I was wondering if the Mojave center brace would work?
BD82E6D3-2EAF-4323-93B2-145A0EF6800F.png
060D47CD-3895-45FC-B982-BC39D7A81768.png
0C168B1A-A4D0-4B92-9A81-1C19B0BCCF0E.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back