Typhon TLR first run🤷🏼‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I'm waiting on my typhon tlr to be delivered today but your comment had me dying after watching the video. You were all over the track and saying the car felt slow. If it was any faster you would have been making a new track LOL. I say that as someone who has never been to a track and is a total noob who only got into the hobby 2 weeks ago.

lol I'm waiting on my typhon tlr to be delivered today but your comment had me dying after watching the video. You were all over the track and saying the car felt slow. If it was any faster you would have been making a new track LOL. I say that as someone who has never been to a track and is a total noob who only got into the hobby 2 weeks ago.
I thought it was all over because it's loose dirt. Never really thought it was cuz the speed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Were you light on the throttle or is the car just slow???
Light on it most time but that one straight away I would hammer down. It's just seem slow to me but I may be fine. Tires didn't hook up the best.
Idk anything about racing, but it looks pretty good to me. Depending on the electronics you may be able to run a bigger pinion.
Blx 185 with spectrum 2050kv

I thought it looked slow and underpowered. Especially on the long front straight. I know you're only running 4s, but what motor and ESC are you running?

Only other video i've seen of it on a track and it looks much faster.
Then that thing should rip even on 4s. And I bet that thing is a bit lighter than the other 6s trucks.

The TLR tuned is about 1lb lighter than the typhon 6s v5 and a little under 1lb heavier than the typhon 3s.

I thought it looked slow and underpowered. Especially on the long front straight. I know you're only running 4s, but what motor and ESC are you running?
That is exactly what I thought. Blx185 spectrum 2050kv.
Its like it's stuck on 50 percent power. I got the hooked up to DX5C I went through all the settings.

That is exactly what I thought. Blx185 spectrum 2050kv.

Its like it's stuck on 50 percent power. I got the hooked up to DX5C I went through all the settings.
Well, that's the problem. You have a 6s motor and ESC and running on 4s. Of course it's gonna seem slow. Now if you had a 2650kv or 2850kv motor with the BLX185 and run 4s it should be plenty fast. Don't think weight is the problem. From what I understand, the TLR Typhon weighs only slightly more than the 3s Typhon.

Well, that's the problem. You have a 6s motor and ESC and running on 4s. Of course it's gonna seem slow. Now if you had a 2650kv or 2850kv motor with the BLX185 and run 4s it should be plenty fast. Don't think weight is the problem. From what I understand, the TLR Typhon weighs only slightly more than the 3s Typhon.
Really witch one of them would u go with?

Well, that's the problem. You have a 6s motor and ESC and running on 4s. Of course it's gonna seem slow.
You don't have a 6s Arrma so you wouldn't know but the 6s Arrmas on 4s have plenty of power. It's honestly insane how these cars do on 4s. It's true, "Built fast. Built Tough"
Really witch one of them would u go with?
Set endpoints and then gear up if it still seems slow.

I have ran my 6s trucks on a bmx track and they handled really well juste the angled corners were cement but still it was really fun turning at high speeds

You don't have a 6s Arrma so you wouldn't know but the 6s Arrmas on 4s have plenty of power. It's honestly insane how these cars do on 4s. It's true, "Built fast. Built Tough"
That's what I thought I never ran any of mine on 4s. But I bought a 4s batter just for this rig. But I put a 6s batter in it to and it wasn't much faster
I think tomorrow if not raining I going do a video of same batter 4s and 6s in the TLR and v5 typhon. So I'll find out tomorrow

That's what I thought I never ran any of mine on 4s. But I bought a 4s batter just for this rig. But I put a 6s batter in it to and it wasn't much faster
I think tomorrow if not raining I going do a video of same batter 4s and 6s in the TLR and v5 typhon. So I'll find out tomorrow
Don't forget endpoints but if I do 4s on my Noto with buggy tires and a 20t pinion it flies. Un controllable

So Dumb question. What makes this better that the 6S5v? It's a 1lbs lighter but thats because its a roller . Once you add a motor ,esc and the other little ancillaries your almost at the same weight.

Last edited:
So Dumb question. What makes this better that the 6S5v? It's a 1lbs lighter but thats because its a roller . Once you add a motor and the other little ancillaries your almost at the same weight.
Idk me personally I think this is ment to get people in to racing it set up to race and the v5 and others where made to bash

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back