Typhon TLR\Typhon Buggies are you using motor fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLR owners

Building my roller just wanted to know what you all are using for a motor fan in any. I am a bit conditioned to always add a motor fan. I am learning if the motor/ESC/gearing is correct you can get away without motor fan in some cases.

TLR will be 4S with a 2050kv motor, 19T pinion, and Firma 150A ESC. Bashing is my goal only, no sending it, only loose dirt & terrain similar to a public BMX track.

In most my bashers, I have either a Game Changer fan or fans I made myself that have the look and size of GC fans. What I put on the TLR motor and ESC is a 40x40 Rocket aluminum fans.

TLR body sits low so not sure if a tall box-style fan like GC will fit under the box for motor/ESC. What motor\ESC fans are you using on your TLR or Typhon 6S rigs?

View attachment 189836View attachment 189837
With the Typhons if I can fit one I prefer to put a heatsink or fan or both on it. The Typhon bodies really smother the motor with no airflow and allow overheating quickly from my experiences.

I’m using the single Dynamite fan currently. Around 10 bucks and secured with zip ties.

184C295B-860D-4C2E-9A9F-EE3E5DC0E96D.jpeg

It sounds like I went a bit overboard on this Typhon Drag Basher with 2 of the 40mm Rockets on an RCP mount. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20230502_234545739.jpg

PXL_20230425_235559371.PORTRAIT.jpg

It's just an RTR with a TLR shell from Jenny's.

damn, am I chop liver?? I beat him by 2 minutes!! :eek: :cry: :cry: :ROFLMAO:
Sorry about that Moirae! Didn't see your reply. Do apreciate it. Got to get new glasses I guess. Only reason I can think of me missing it was I clicked on the link in my email and it took me to the other post. Just retired and new to this. I will have to watch closer.
It sounds like I went a bit overboard on this Typhon Drag Basher with 2 of the 40mm Rockets on an RCP mount. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 297207

View attachment 297208
It's just an RTR with a TLR shell from Jenny's.
Looks very nice and neatly done! Wondering if that flat looking cable is a covering for the wiring? If so, whats it called and where did you get it?

Thank you

Last edited:
Interesting, I haven't seen that fan before. Looks like a simple and clean setup. 😊
Thank you! I’ve spent tons of time looking up fans and just settled in something cheap. I like the zip tie idea because I’m lazy. The fan is a beast though!

Next time I might go cheaper!

54A3CE8A-33AF-4F7E-A401-D596817B5225.png

I would have Centered the fan over the motor better. Maybe even used 2 fans with that Double Fan mount, if running 6s.
Good to have the Redundency of 2 fans in place for hot running setups. Fans do fail at some point. Having 2 is a Failsafe, when one fails. More critical for hot motors.
I run my TLRT with 4s packs only.
Using a single fan setup. To keep the chassis lighter. Is always cool. With 4s packs was cool even without any fan.
But now I can run a large 22T pinion flat out and motor is still always cool. The low and tight fitting Typhon body does limit your Fan choices. And heat can build up fast without much outside air transfer.
My 2 cents. :cool:
Good fan mount BTW. I have one. I never use Heat sinks. Fan mounts only.

I would have Centered the fan over the motor better. Maybe even used 2 fans with that Double Fan mount, if running 6s.
Good to have the Redundency of 2 fans in place for hot running setups. Fans do fail at some point. Having 2 is a Failsafe, when one fails. More critical for hot motors.
I run my TLRT with 4s packs only.
Using a single fan setup. To keep the chassis lighter. Is always cool. With 4s packs was cool even without any fan.
But now I can run a large 22T pinion flat out and motor is still always cool. The low and tight fitting Typhon body does limit your Fan choices. And heat can build up fast without much outside air transfer.
My 2 cents. :cool:
Good fan mount BTW. I have one. I never use Heat sinks. Fan mounts only.
I used your suggested bracket and fan and am very happy with it. May add another fan to it after reading your comments. Thanks again, your help is much appreciated!

my first ever rig was a typhon that I killed because I was a total noob and no one told me I needed fans. I've had fans on every single motor I've ever used since that day. Not having a fan is the definition of lunacy to me.

Due to the height of the fan, this is currently the only mounting position where you can still mount the body without any problems.

The holder for the fan is designed for 2 fans and I might mount 2 fans with a lower height if it should be necessary.

Currently I'm quite satisfied with the solution - at least better than in the original state without a fan ...

I also only drive the Typhon with 4s - this is more than sufficient !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back