Typhon TLR\Typhon Buggies are you using motor fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
TLR owners

Building my roller just wanted to know what you all are using for a motor fan in any. I am a bit conditioned to always add a motor fan. I am learning if the motor/ESC/gearing is correct you can get away without motor fan in some cases.

TLR will be 4S with a 2050kv motor, 19T pinion, and Firma 150A ESC. Bashing is my goal only, no sending it, only loose dirt & terrain similar to a public BMX track.

In most my bashers, I have either a Game Changer fan or fans I made myself that have the look and size of GC fans. What I put on the TLR motor and ESC is a 40x40 Rocket aluminum fans.

TLR body sits low so not sure if a tall box-style fan like GC will fit under the box for motor/ESC. What motor\ESC fans are you using on your TLR or Typhon 6S rigs?

1641078893474.png
1641078965757.png

I highly doubt that big fan will fit under the body. I have the same heat sync & 40mm Arrma fan on the Felony and infraction on my Typhon and it rubs on the body. And that one is smaller than the one in the picture.

Looks good...thx for the feedback. Are you running that motor on 4S or 6S with stock 16T pinion?
had my 6S 50c in there with the stock pinion, it was flying, unbelievable control too.
Can you hear your fan? I can hear the air moving but not loud or sounding like a Turbo as some others.

I had good luck with the yeah racing dual fans, i think there are several companies that made the same thing pretty much. Not a TLR but still a typhon.

typhon2.jpg

TLR owners

Building my roller just wanted to know what you all are using for a motor fan in any. I am a bit conditioned to always add a motor fan. I am learning if the motor/ESC/gearing is correct you can get away without motor fan in some cases.

TLR will be 4S with a 2050kv motor, 19T pinion, and Firma 150A ESC. Bashing is my goal only, no sending it, only loose dirt & terrain similar to a public BMX track.

In most my bashers, I have either a Game Changer fan or fans I made myself that have the look and size of GC fans. What I put on the TLR motor and ESC is a 40x40 Rocket aluminum fans.

TLR body sits low so not sure if a tall box-style fan like GC will fit under the box for motor/ESC. What motor\ESC fans are you using on your TLR or Typhon 6S rigs?

View attachment 189836View attachment 189837
Hey @parcou that looks like you have 2 fans mounted on top of each other on the ESC, you doing a push pull config ?
I just wondered since I got it on my water-cooled PC but I got a Radiator in between

Last edited:
Hey @parcou that looks like you have 2 fans mounted on top of each other on the ESC, you doing a push pull config ?
I just wondered since I got it on my water-cooled PC but I got a Radiator in between

Hi

With the 150A ESC in order to get around the design on the sides (heatsink), I need to use on old BLX fan housing the insides are removed just the frame. Then I place @Camaroboy383 custom 40mm fan mount on top of that. Last I attach the 40mm fan to his housing. Works out great but unfortunately, you cannot direct bolt a 40mm fan directly to a Firma 150 due to the design of the Firma weird design.

Others, thx for the post for helping with the curiosity. I want to keep it light and cool at the same time is my goal so very helpful.

How does that heatsink attach? Just snap on or is a zip tie required?
it's a snug fit, you just snap it on. You don't need zip ties for 40mm cans, you probably want one if you try to put it on a castle 1717 or a hw 4985 though.

How does that heatsink attach? Just snap on or is a zip tie required?

Depending on the motor if it has the ribs on it, no heat sink is needed just put a fan on it. My motor temps have been great with this 40mm fan and PowerHobby motor mount holder. This is a basher, crashed and all has not moved!

1655654814099.png

Hot day motor temp in red, esc in blue
1655654942367.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back