Typhon TLR Typhon on the dirt track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Was our usual Saturday at our LHS raceway , running laps on the turf / carpet and dirt . I filmed my friends running their AE RC8B4e and TLR Typhon ( HW XR8 / 2000 kv ) , Typhon is the blue one . The TLR Typhon can hold its own on the track , but we did weigh them both in race weight form , and the Typhon is somewhat noticeable heavier :
RC8B4e 3,640g
Typhon 4,094g
That being said , that added 454g weight makes it apparent how it comes up right at the triple , and the AE can over shoot it with ease .
They are both fairly matched in the electronics area to note . I weighed my TLR Senton conversion I made , ........ PHEW !!!!!! 4,499g !!!! I tried making some laps with them , ...nope !!!! Not at all good for the racetrack !!! LOL I'll stick with it on 6s bashing around !!!
But the Typhon , FWIW does pretty good for an Arrma out on the race track .

Was our usual Saturday at our LHS raceway , running laps on the turf / carpet and dirt . I filmed my friends running their AE RC8B4e and TLR Typhon ( HW XR8 / 2000 kv ) , Typhon is the blue one . The TLR Typhon can hold its own on the track , but we did weigh them both in race weight form , and the Typhon is somewhat noticeable heavier :
RC8B4e 3,640g
Typhon 4,094g
That being said , that added 454g weight makes it apparent how it comes up right at the triple , and the AE can over shoot it with ease .
They are both fairly matched in the electronics area to note . I weighed my TLR Senton conversion I made , ........ PHEW !!!!!! 4,499g !!!! I tried making some laps with them , ...nope !!!! Not at all good for the racetrack !!! LOL I'll stick with it on 6s bashing around !!!
But the Typhon , FWIW does pretty good for an Arrma out on the race track .

Saturday was my 1st time there . I was there from like 130-3 . That track is awesome I definitely want to build a kit car now . . Those are some nice laps you’re running . I was going off the track at 1st and then things got a little better lol . But I’m definitely going to get me some type of kit car . Any suggestions?

was there Saturday too

Saturday was my 1st time there . I was there from like 130-3 . That track is awesome I definitely want to build a kit car now . . Those are some nice laps you’re running . I was going off the track at 1st and then things got a little better lol . But I’m definitely going to get me some type of kit car . Any suggestions?
That was you !! ?? LOL My friends were the ones driving the buggies , I was the one talking to you with the 4wd SCT going out to run laps on the turf .
Yes , without a doubt a kit is night and day from any RTR . Suggestions , there are many different classes to run , what do you like the best ?
Dirt is seasonal and weather permitting , so a 1/8 kit for the dirt will be done in Oct . 1/10 class is all year , spring summer on the turf , fall and winter indoors on the carpet ( or all year round ) .
And actually that Senton you were driving , throw some carpet tires on it , some suspension tuning , come run it on the indoor carpet / outdoor turf , come race it at our once a month trophy races outdoor on the turf , a lot of fun !!!! 4wd SCT is looking to come alive again up there !!!

That was you !! ?? LOL My friends were the ones driving the buggies , I was the one talking to you with the 4wd SCT going out to run laps on the turf .
Yes , without a doubt a kit is night and day from any RTR . Suggestions , there are many different classes to run , what do you like the best ?
Dirt is seasonal and weather permitting , so a 1/8 kit for the dirt will be done in Oct . 1/10 class is all year , spring summer on the turf , fall and winter indoors on the carpet ( or all year round ) .
And actually that Senton you were driving , throw some carpet tires on it , some suspension tuning , come run it on the indoor carpet / outdoor turf , come race it at our once a month trophy races outdoor on the turf , a lot of fun !!!! 4wd SCT is looking to come alive again up there !!!
Such a small world . I seen you flying on the turf track too. I’d want to do 1/8th for outdoor . Once I seen you guys flying around I was sold lol

Such a small world . I seen you flying on the turf track too. I’d want to do 1/8th for outdoor . Once I seen you guys flying around I was sold lol
OK , 1/8 dirt . The red buggy you seen running around was the AE RC8B4e , I drove it after you left and it drove easy and smooth . I don't really have any experience with 1/8 kits , but I am directed toward either this one or the Tekno EB48 2.1 .
There are like 6,7-8 different makers of 1/8 buggy / truggy .
With that said , the truggies are bigger , look at those to .

I wanna pop by one day... but I don't at the same time!!!! 🤣🤣🤣...Mike
It’s bad ass and it’s a beautiful ride all the way down 6 and then 44
OK , 1/8 dirt . The red buggy you seen running around was the AE RC8B4e , I drove it after you left and it drove easy and smooth . I don't really have any experience with 1/8 kits , but I am directed toward either this one or the Tekno EB48 2.1 .
There are like 6,7-8 different makers of 1/8 buggy / truggy .
With that said , the truggies are bigger , look at those too .
Ok cool ty

I wanna pop by one day... but I don't at the same time!!!! 🤣🤣🤣...Mike
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yeah , right !!! I have told you , the racing part of this hobby is awesome and addictive !!!! We are there every Saturday either running carpet / turf , and now dirt !!!! Bring your TLR Typhon and run some on the dirt track !!!
It’s bad ass and it’s a beautiful ride all the way down 6 and then 44

Ok cool ty
How far did you say it is for you ?

Last edited:
Dang
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yeah , right !!! I have told you , the racing part of this hobby is awesome and addictive !!!! We are there every Saturday either running carpet / turf , and now dirt !!!! Bring your TLR Typhon and run some on the dirt track !!!

Dang.....now I wanna plan a road trip to RI to play with you guys!!! :ROFLMAO: It's only 6.5 hrs away!!

Took me and hour and 40 min I live in Johnston
Dang

Dang.....now I wanna plan a road trip to RI to play with you guys!!! :ROFLMAO: It's only 6.5 hrs away!!
Lol the tracks in enfield CT

Dam , I take it for granted to have this close to me ( 35-40 min ) .
Yeah that’s awesome, just watching you guys fly around those tracks was awesome. Especially after trying it . I appreciated seeing the skill and the setups in those rigs to make them fly . Even on the carpet track dude you were hauling

I just bought a TLR yesterday and I've been itching to take it to the track.

It's a bummer because they only do track practice on Saturday. How and where am I supposed to practice in the meantime?

Yeah that’s awesome, just watching you guys fly around those tracks was awesome. Especially after trying it . I appreciated seeing the skill and the setups in those rigs to make them fly . Even on the carpet track dude you were hauling
Thanks man !!! Try and come more often and hang out with us !!! We'll help you with anything you want !!!
It really does take some time / practice and setup changes trial and error !!! I love the carpet track with our 2wd SCT's , so fun ripping around !!! I have 2 , the SC6.1 is set / dialed for indoor carpet and my X-ray SCX 2wd SCT is dialed in on the turf . That new Tekno SCT410sl you seen me with after 2 Saturdays on the turf is also set / dialed in really well . Very addictive hobby !!!! LOL

I just bought a TLR yesterday and I've been itching to take it to the track.

It's a bummer because they only do track practice on Saturday. How and where am I supposed to practice in the meantime?
I think you can practice any day or time unless there’s a race

I think you can practice any day or time unless there’s a race

Sorry I should've specified, I meant at my local tracks.

One does practice on Saturdays and the other does it on Wednesdays. Both do races on Sundays. Right now I'm off work and I'd like to be out there every day if I could

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back