Senton Toe adjustment/fix needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiesai

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The truck took a significant hit on one side at the last outing and the left side front is significantly toe-out rather than straight or toe-in like it’s mate on the right. I’m not seeing any breakage or major slop in the steering rods to account for this. And the mounting pin appears to be straight. How do I get it back in line?
Suggestions and berating welcome.

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Arm looks a little warped to me, but I don’t think that alone would make such a drastic change to the toe on that one side 🤔

Hello and welcome to todays edition of ‘What The Heck Did I Break?!’. The game show with wonder! Excitement! Massive Prize Packages (are not available)! See it all here!

Anyway, I’ve taken off everything that I think could impact the toe, plus a little more. I’m sure I could just upgrade to adjustable arms, but this is a great opportunity to learn.
What do you all think?

P.S. My calipers are out of juice. No measurements until later today. The metal blocks you see are for cnc calibration. They are straight and square to a tolerance we can accept here.

Edit: added some tire pictures. They’re the stock tire and rim combo no apparent damage or warping.

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

Your chassis looks odd, might be the camera angle but seems that the nose isn't straight out. I can't find anything wrong in your parts based on pictures above.

No, I'm looking at the front section of your frame. These looks bent like heck, unless it's a weird camera angle.
Are the arms and all mounting points square to the chassis?

Clipboard01.jpg

No, I'm looking at the front section of your frame. These looks bent like heck, unless it's a weird camera angle.

View attachment 323013

You’re right, it does look like the front diff area plus the shock tower is bent/warped.

I would do a full front end tear down.
Are you talking about the center steering link ARA340179, or one of the connected link arms AR330446?

The center link (ARA340179) does have a little bent to it. Is it supposed to?

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/interactive-exploded-view?pid=ARA4203V3

I meant the a-arm looks bent for the left side.

Take off the skid on the front and look under. I agree looks like the chassis under the front diff might have a break.
…although looking at your previous underside shots, it sure looks aligned. Might just be the bumper that’s bent up and making it look worse than it is.

I should have mentioned that the bumper is definitely broken. It’s been repaired a few times. I’ve been trying to talk my sister into printing me some replacements I’ve designed.

This is about as undressed as I can get it.

P.S. Who’s taking bets on this? I predict that if I put it all back together correctly it’ll be fixed.

IMG_0343.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

That's the idea 🤣
I'd take those pins out holding the arms in, I bet one is bent. Do the same on the outer side where the wheels attach. Only needed on the side that had this huge misalignment.
So far all looks good on the visible parts.

Unless someone has a new shiny idea, it looks like there isn’t a busted piece. Those pins are pretty straight.

I’ll put it back together this afternoon and get adjustable links if it isn’t straight.

IMG_0344.jpeg

Ok friends. I give up for today. It’s back together and still toe out on one side. As as added bonus: I’m only missing one screw!

Thanks all for the guided suspension and steering lesson. More parts soon!

Sure hope you cleaned it up a bit before you reassembled it 🤣

The left a-arm does look warped a bit compared to the right side.

The truck took a significant hit on one side at the last outing and the left side front is significantly toe-out rather than straight or toe-in like it’s mate on the right. I’m not seeing any breakage or major slop in the steering rods to account for this. And the mounting pin appears to be straight. How do I get it back in line?
Suggestions and berating welcome.

View attachment 322847

View attachment 322848

View attachment 322849

View attachment 322850

View attachment 322851
check the drive shafts if they are in properly.i had a problem sort of like this and it was the drive shafts that were out of place.which pushed the wheel out. and on my senton i can turn somthing with pliers and it will fix the tire offset

Remove both A-arms, lay one on top of the other and compare, or place an identical ‘non-used’ A-arm onto both and compare. Good luck.

View attachment 323013
Hinge pin/arm /C-hub is bricked.... perhaps even the Chassis is tweaked along with them? Look them over close. You had some major carnage there.
Surprised if your servo and servo saver is still functional.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back