Kraton Top motor/esc combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jondylondy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I know I seen many threads on motor/esc upgrades... I'm ready to pull the trigger on one, but what is the top 3 motor/esc combo?.....ok go!!!!

How do you like that combo? I was thinking about it since it's easy just getting both from the same place
To be honest it's an over kill. Does 90mph and will do a wheelie at 50mph at half throttle on 6s. You really have to learn throttle control. If you are a jumper it's perfect. 4 backflips off my little ramp is easy. Just be careful very easy to explode a tire. I plan on upgrading soon mmx8 is on back order still haven't picked out a motor yet. Rumors have it castle has new motors in hiding.

To be honest it's an over kill. Does 90mph and will do a wheelie at 50mph at half throttle on 6s. You really have to learn throttle control. If you are a jumper it's perfect. 4 backflips off my little ramp is easy. Just be careful very easy to explode a tire. I plan on upgrading soon mmx8 is on back order still haven't picked out a motor yet. Rumors have it castle has new motors in hiding.
Sounds amazing! Lol I think that's the route I'll go. The temps seem good with that setup?
Sounds amazing! Lol I think that's the route I'll go. The temps seem good with that setup?
Hey you were the one who gave me the quick diagnostic test. Thank you bro! I got it all fixed up. I posted a video on a different thread, but here's the link. She sounds and runs great now!

20t if you do a lot of flat land is great with a fan. 23 if you jump with a fan. I honestly don't check my temps. That is all I do with the kraton is jump so doesn't really get hot. I can run multiple packs and still touch motor. On my 90mph run I did 3 passes back to back with a 50mm fan and was only at 170°f

8s you want to gear up to 27. Gets warm fast but will help not to over rev the motor because all it does is spin like crazy... way too much.

20t if you do a lot of flat land is great with a fan. 23 if you jump with a fan. I honestly don't check my temps. That is all I do with the kraton is jump so doesn't really get hot. I can run multiple packs and still touch motor. On my 90mph run I did 3 passes back to back with a 50mm fan and was only at 170°f
Yeah I'm in Florida so it's all flat out here. I love to jump so I'm always on the look out for a good bash spot. 90mph sounds fun tho!

8s you want to gear up to 27. Gets warm fast but will help not to over rev the motor because all it does is spin like crazy... way too much.
I just ordered the combo! ???? Sorry for so many questions but what fan fits that motor? And you run 8s on it? I saw that the motor is 3-6 lipo recommended. I'm a noob so don't mind me

Last edited:
Yeah I'm in Florida so it's all flat out here. I love to jump so I'm always on the look out for a good bash spot. 90mph sounds fun tho!

I just ordered the combo! ???? Sorry for so many questions but what fan fits that motor? And you run 8s on it? I saw that the motor is 3-6 lipo recommended. I'm a noob so don't mind me
Not a problem at all. Don't try 90 unless you are ok with blowing tires. They don't like much above 70mph. Hobbywing c4 is the fan I use. You have to bend it open a bit to fit. You can run any motor on 12s if you wanted. They are rated on an rpm limit so as long as you don't exceed it just watch the temps. I also installed the best bearings money could buy with that in mind with the high rpms. Just make sure you shim your diffs right or you will eat them up with all that torque. I went through a few before I figured out what worked. I only run on punch setting 1 because more then that on 6s as just a power house and when I ate diffs left and right. As far as jumping build a ramp lol. Being in Florida I would recommend you a 18t pinion because of the temps and flat land. That's still good for about 76mph with the stock tires.

Hobbystar 4092 1730kv. Although @slick2500 doesn't like hobbystar I don’t what motor in this size he recommends
No I don't like Rc Juice, the guys a prick and that's being nice.

I run a MM2 and Hobbywing 4985 1650kv in my Outcast it's nucking futz.

Sweet. I just ordered it and a 20t pinion to go with it for starters. I'm hype!
I only run mine on a 18t that 20t is going to rock!

No I don't like Rc Juice, the guys a prick and that's being nice.

I run a MM2 and Hobbywing 4985 1650kv in my Outcast it's nucking futz.
That motor fits without issue in the outcast and doesn't run hot on 6S? 4985 is a fat motor, has to be a heavy sob... what did it do for your run times?

That motor fits without issue in the outcast and doesn't run hot on 6S? 4985 is a fat motor, has to be a heavy sob... what did it do for your run times?
It would not fit with the V1-V3 Arrma mount or the Hot Racing sliding motor mount, I had to add spacers under the motor and diff mount to get it to fit. With the V4 Arrma mount, M2C sliding mount and the PPS mount it fits perfect.
I still get about 20-30 minutes depending on how hard I am on the throttle anything over half throttle and it goes over on its lid so not a lot of wot driving. Last time I had it out I still hadn't reinstalled my Mr.Duke fan mount but after the run it was about 150ish. It was only like 60-65* out at the time though.

@Mr.Duke has one with a Max6 and I think @bicketybam has one too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back