TP motor bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the size/s of the bearings for TP 5670 motors? Even better, is there a database of them somewhere? Can't even find that info on TPs own websites. Our own search engine brings up every TP motor except the 56 series motors.
Sounds like a good question for @Moirae or @vwturbowolf

Lucky for you I have 5670 end caps that came with bearings haha. The bearing is 608Z, I assume the rear uses the same size :cool: (y)

Lucky for you I have 5670 end caps that came with bearings haha. The bearing is 608Z, I assume the rear uses the same size :cool: (y)
Thanks for that info. My TP 5670 should be here Monday and I plan to put hybrids in before running it.

Thanks for that info. My TP 5670 should be here Monday and I plan to put hybrids in before running it.
No problem! for what it's worth, the bearings in tp motors seem to be really good. I've at least 20 tp motors and have never had a bearing lock up or even need replacing and they're not made in china.

Yeah I would just use the stocker TP BB's, until they wear out. Maybe just lube them as Preventive maintenance with a drop of Synthetic oil.
What I do with all New motors out the package. I always test them for timing accuracy and Kv reads on my Motor analyzer too. Just to confirm it's quality.

No problem! for what it's worth, the bearings in tp motors seem to be really good. I've at least 20 tp motors and have never had a bearing lock up or even need replacing and they're not made in china.
Yeah I know they are good. TP uses the best components in their motora but ive always wondered why they don't use hybrids at the very least? It's just I've come to REALLY trust Acer's ABEC 9 hybrids and put them in my BLX 2050, the TP 4050 , the HW 4985.
Yeah I would just use the stocker TP BB's, until they wear out. Maybe just lube them as Preventive maintenance with a drop of Synthetic oil.
What I do with all New motors out the package. I always test them for timing accuracy and Kv reads on my Motor analyzer too. Just to confirm it's quality.
Tell me more about motor analyzers. Half the people I ask say nothing useful is gained from them and the other half say only racers need them...
Recently I'm on a kick to acquire more technical data to help my builds. Can't seem to find a corner scale system that does more than 17/18 lbs as most come in around 2k grams per scale. So ordered 4 separate scales(5k grams max)for my balancing. They will probably be garbage but were $25 each and seller let them go for $60 on Aliexpress. should have them next week.

Last edited:
Yeah Acer Hybrids are good too. Don't get better than Abec 9's for the price.
Many don't mess with their motors. Hardly even open them. Maybe clean and change out BB's. Sensored ones also. A Motor Analyzer tells you how good of a motor it is. Especially when matching a motor to a specific platform. O/R or Speed running. It tells you if you are getting the advertised KV's. Many cheap motors are way off. Timing between the 3 phases are poorly matched etc. With sensored, you can shim toward the sensor board to decrease the Air GAp from the rotor's end (1mm gap) to the 3 Hall Effect sensors. You sync the motor this way. Verify the postive Timing change with the Motor analyzer. RPM increase etc.
A great performance gain rght there. The Analyzer is useless to someone that doesn't understand it. You have to understand motors very well first. $100.00 RC tool like this is not necessary for the average RC guy, but if you want to take it to the next level, The tools are available. Yes track guys use these.
I used to use analogue dial scales back in the 90's . It was a thing then. When settng up my TC3. Now we have digital that does all the calcuations for you. Again $100. If you don't care to Crossweight Scale your models, you probably don't want this tool either. It can take hours to balance a chassis. The Scale helps much. Yet to some its splitting hairs. I have the analyzer and crossweight scales. Now there is a BT APP version of it. No more dangling wires to 4 scales and the Dig Display.
We all do this hobby differently. Not one way is best. Having fun is what matters. :cool:

Last edited:

Would you happen to know the size bearings for the T4050-2100kv? I've been seeking the same since I bought a rig off RCP that had a TP motor the first I've ever owned.

Would you happen to know the size bearings for the T4050-2100kv? I've been seeking the same since I bought a rig off RCP that had a TP motor the first I've ever owned.
If I recall right it's 8x16x5 for both. But really the first number is dependant on shaft size. Wait until others chime in just in case I'm wrong here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back