TP Power motors. Please explain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest issue with the castle motors is the solder on wire connections outside of the motor.
As others said a TP CM series around 2200kv is the gold standard for 6s and 8s use.

Deff go with 8mm shaft and make sure it has m4 mounting screws as some come m3

What problem do they cause? Do they de-solder under high current?
Yep
Motor wires and battery wires often get very hot.

I likely wouldnt be an issue till you are pushing extremes around 600a
If you like the Castle motor and want to run it you could always put a small fan on the solder joint/wires as a work around.

The V1 Limitless has limited (ha!) motor space in stock configuration, so it was popular to flip the motor mount and get basically unlimited motor space.

That’s what I did with mine:

View attachment 328099
Nice chassis setup there.(y)
Yeah, flipping the motor on a V2 Lim, can be daunting. The whole V2 Re-design, running shorter Lipo trays and all was designed around running an Arrma Pinochio Spool, with a shorter Rear DS, solved the one major complaint, the rear Driveshaft Oscillation issue. Doing this allowed for a longer motor can in stock config as well. Maybe not long enough however for many upgrade motors. So guys are still flipping the motor over.
Why Arrma decided to also only widen the rear track width on the V2, is confusing to me. :unsure:

So I've been looking at the Castle 1721 motors. I was leaning towards the 1260kv but for some reason the 2400kv is cheaper, locally. But only by $10 but 🤷‍♂️

BTW, I have decided to get the XLX2 over the max5, if I haven't already mentioned.

So I've been looking at the Castle 1721 motors. I was leaning towards the 1260kv but for some reason the 2400kv is cheaper, locally. But only by $10 but 🤷‍♂️

As castle says it's sane vs insane
1698486508418.png

Castle prices seem to be a lot saner down under than in europe.

As castle says it's sane vs insane
View attachment 328791

Castle prices seem to be a lot saner down under than in europe.
1721 1260kv runs cooler apparently but I guess that comes with lower KV.

Which one should I get? I can't decide 🤷‍♂️

What speed you plan to reach ???

Why you not thinks about 2028-1700kv ? You have enough place for this motor in V2 and for XLX2.
140 to start with. Then who knows. 180+?

Why not a 2028? Nil Stock and $$$.
Maybe in the future but I'm sure a 1721 will be a great start.

I know problem... next motor will be bigger ;-) and finally we see from perspective we spend money tripple...

2028 is nice motor on 800kv 8s i reach 147mph made several different test, not geared faster yet.

Winter is comming... you have time to collect more $$$. Just think twice before buy.

TP have better cable construction, in 2028 if not cooled cable and overpowered can desolder from motor.

I know problem... next motor will be bigger ;-) and finally we see from perspective we spend money tripple...

2028 is nice motor on 800kv 8s i reach 147mph made several different test, not geared faster yet.

Winter is comming... you have time to collect more $$$. Just think twice before buy.

TP have better cable construction, in 2028 if not cooled cable and overpowered can desolder from motor.
In Australia winter ended in august. Summer is about to start there
1721 1260kv runs cooler apparently but I guess that comes with lower KV.

Which one should I get? I can't decide 🤷‍♂️
Both will do fine. It comes down to having the big gear on the spur or pinion...
I'd say the 1260kv is easier to put to multi-purpose use

Just read that Castle does not give warranty for the 1721 2400kv and it voids the warranty on any other Castle electronics used with it.

So that rules out the 2400kv for me.

I'm not even sure why someone would pick castle over tp and give up warranty. Castle crazy! People still buying it though 🤣

How is TP with warranty?
I actually don't know as I've never had a single problem with a tp motor ever. It has to be better than a warning on the page saying you're SOL though :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back