• ISDT Q6 Plus 300W Battery Chargers GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

Transmitter broken - Looking for a pretty basic replacement for a Granite 4x4..

Thread starter #1

LinusTech

Arrma RC's
Granite
I already disassembled to see if a solder joint fell apart or something. That doesn't appear to be the issue. So I'm just looking for something a little bit better than stock.

Thread starter #2

LinusTech

Arrma RC's
Granite
Bump! If there’s a resource I should be looking at instead, that would be very much appreciated.

Thrillhouse700

Arrma RC's
Outcast

Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
I'm going to have to look into all that. I've had my gt3b for years and don't remember if I did any firmware update, I know I run a 3s lipo in it... might have had to do something for that. Going to look up the rest. It's pretty awesome only needing a $7 rx everytime I get a new truck.

Just got the gt2e as well and it works good but not much more money gets you a lot more features with the 3b.

razorrc

Arrma RC's
Granite, Senton
I’m not a fan of Flysky. You pretty much get what you pay for IMO.

My thoughts on the main $100 radios on the market today.

Cheapbastard

Just got the gt2e as well and it works good but not much more money gets you a lot more features with the 3b.
I like the GT2E because you can switch to use Flysky AFHDS and AFHDS2 receivers plus even if you have a GT3B the GT2E can be easily bound to a different Flysky receiver and work as a extra transmitter to use so somebody else can drive the R/C the receiver is in if anything it's a cheap handy spare.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
I'm sure Flysky makes nice radios, I see many people who use them but I just can't get myself to do it. I'm pretty attached to my Futaba and highly recommend them!

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I've been using a Radiolink RC4G for +2 years now. (mine is the Hobbyking branded TS4G). Current model is the 'improved' RC4GS. It has a lot of programming modes - 20 options on the menu. Also, 10 model memory, and the RX has a gyro built in. Ch3 controls the gyro, and the TX has a dedicated pot knob to control channel 3. I think the radio sells for about $60, and extra RX are between $8-$12, depending on which one you get (gyro, non-gyro, 4 channel or 6 channel) There is also a RC6G - 6 channels, with extra flip switches on the TX to control the extra switches.

I have 2 of these remotes, and probably 8 RXs, and have very little to complain about. My #1 complaint is that the default Fail Safe setting is full throttle, full right turn. (100% on all channels). This is easy to reset, but you must do it on each Model Memory slot.