Trying to Put My Poor X-Maxx Out of It's Misery . . . Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
It's been ages since I touched this thing. I'm not even going to fill this with the nasty details of the last 6 years of this rig's pitiful existence but I don't want it to turn into a 7-year itch so I might as well give it yet another chance to shine, literally :ROFLMAO: I'm definitely not blowing a ton of dough on this paperweight. But it will at least look decent - even though it looks ready for the pit now. I'll start with the servo. The stock one gave out & the stupid Trx upgrade is out of the question. I have all the electronics from the Outcast 8S lined up for this thing so I had to make the servo fit too.

20210222_172822.jpg

20210222_172955.jpg
20210222_173006.jpg
20210222_173025.jpg

Just put in the ESC out of my K8S into mine ( Xmaxx ) ran it on stock motor , waiting for my WFO mini to get here so I can put the K8S motor in next . 2 of the tabs lined right up with the factory holes for the cage brace . Shaved them down so the tabs got sandwiched between .

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4646.JPG

I ran the K8S stuff in it before, but the Trx radio threw a fit with the spectrum stuff so I'm using a Dumbo this time. I'm also using an Integy mount I can't remember buying :rolleyes: That's just how things are with this truck.

I ran the K8S stuff in it before, but the Trx radio threw a fit with the spectrum stuff so I'm using a Dumbo this time. I'm also using an Integy mount I can't remember buying :rolleyes: That's just how things are with this truck.
Hmm ? That's odd . My Trx esc was acting funny , the truck would " chatter " real hard if you went full throttle fast from a stand still . Knew it was not the drivetrain , that it was electronic , motor or esc . Pulled the esc from my K8S , thru it in , calibrated the Trx radio to the new esc ( stock motor ) , truck runs great now , so at least the motor is good . However still putting in the K8S Spectrum 1250 , great excuse to get nice stuff for the K8S !!!

It's back together. Now I need the rest of this snow to melt.

It only took 6 years, all new electronics, a few upgrades/mods, & a fair amount of cold but the Trash-Maxx finally reached LVC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back