Infraction Infraction 3S, trying to get the best of both world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSassin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Vorteks
  3. Infraction 4x4
Just sharing my build, RC'ing is so much fun I would love to have a vehicle for every scenario (speedruns, bashing, off-road) but it does get expensive.
My current project is an Infraction 3s, which i've done a few mods trying to achieve 100mph and still be able to rip it around the parking lot for some bashing.

-MM2 ESC
-500K both F+R diffs
-GRP XM7's
-Venetta body for aero
-Hot Racing slipper eliminator 34T
-Stock motor w/23T mod 1
-CNHL G+ 5000mah 4s (parallel)
-RC6GS
-Ysido fans
-Replaced shocks with turnbuckles

Got to 91mph but keeping this thing on the ground is a biatch!
I think it has a lot to do with where I'm running the car though, strong cross winds, so when I get up to speed it just blows it right across the road.

I keep a spare of everything, so when it's time to gear down and go back to bashing, I just swap out stuff (stock motor with 20t pinion, stock diffs, etc)
I'll get there one day.

Buy a 2nd one and use them for dedicated things, it's on sale for $149.

Mixing speed with bashing doesn't work well or even at all. The 90mph range seems to be a magic barrier that is difficult to overcome.

Mixing speed with bashing doesn't work well or even at all. The 90mph range seems to be a magic barrier that is difficult to overcome.

Where?

Do you have a front splitter on the infraction?

Yea I'm figuring that out quickly.
So I currently have an Infraction V2 6s which will now be my speedrun platform, a Vorteks which is now 4s and widened for my off road needs, and the Infraction 3s which is my basher/hooner, but I still need to get to triple digits with it (personal goal)
Do you have a front splitter on the infraction?
I had, before it got lost in the bushes on a crash lol along with a custom wing for speedrunning.
I think my next go at it will be with shocks instead of the turnbuckles. They do keep the car in a rake form during the run, but it's very unforgiving if you go over any rocks/pebbles or any minor bumps on the road.

Where's all the pics?🙄
Nothing exciting, a few pics of the setup and my attempt at fabricating some aero stuff...lol
Not sure how evident it is, but that's the vorteks on the typhon arms.
Work in progress...

20221219_125435.jpg

20221227_174603.jpg

20230130_170746.jpg

20230223_142600.jpg

20230408_152225.jpg

20230419_174703.jpg

I like your style my man , Strap the bomb to the front😂( I’m jk), Ensures a new vehicle for sure if you accidentally send it into something 🤙👍 sweet setup though i dig it.

I like your style my man , Strap the bomb to the front😂( I’m jk), Ensures a new vehicle for sure if you accidentally send it into something 🤙👍 sweet setup though i dig it.
Hey you know what, I'm focused on the goal man, come what may lol
But really though, I figure once you start modifying past a certain point, you almost have to just put up a prayer because crashes at those speeds is bound to be carnage anyway :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back