Typhon 3s maintenance question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi again!
I’ve disassembled my typhon and I’m putting together a shopping list.
I have a question:
After a little more than a year with light use (3/4 times a month) should I open/replace slipper clutch?

Also, I’m having an hard time to remove the bearing on the input gear (front and rear), should I replace both?

thanks for your help!

The input gear bearings are sometimes hard to remove. Just take your time to gently pry them off little by little. Do they still spin nicely? If so, I guess you could leave them there. If they are rough or seized, replace them for sure before it overheats and damage the plastics aroung the bearings.

The input gear bearings are sometimes hard to remove. Just take your time to gently pry them off little by little. Do they still spin nicely? If so, I guess you could leave them there. If they are rough or seized, replace them for sure before it overheats and damage the plastics aroung the bearings.
Thanks
Thing is that one of those bearings is super rusty and I also have a full set of bearings to replace them all with, so I guess I’ll just replace the input gear too

If the input gear is still in good shape, just spray some WD-40 or whatever on the rusty bearings + input gear and work on getting them out. You will manage to get them out eventually. From my experience, the second one is the most difficult. Use a thin flat head screwdriver to start.

If the input gear is still in good shape, just spray some WD-40 or whatever on the rusty bearings + input gear and work on getting them out. You will manage to get them out eventually. From my experience, the second one is the most difficult. Use a thin flat head screwdriver to start.
Do you mean this one yeah?

6471468C-C0DC-4B76-94A2-0286C987752C.jpeg

^^^If only one Rubber seal on the bearing, it always faces out toward the dirty side (where the bearing would be exposed to dirt). The metal side is not sealed and faces away from dirt or inside. It should face in. This is the general rule for single side sealed bearings.
You have to decide its orientation based on where it is installed.

^^^If only one Rubber seal on the bearing, it always faces out toward the dirty side (where the bearing would be exposed to dirt). The metal side is not sealed and faces away from dirt or inside. It should face in. This is the general rule for single side sealed bearings.
You have to decide its orientation based on where it is installed.
understood, thank you!

I managed but man... was it tough!
is this in good shape to you?

also, I have rubber sealed bearings now: rubbers side should go which side?

View attachment 124751

The input gear looks dirty and a bit worn. I think you could use it, but if it was me I would replace it since you have it all disassembled. If you can get the parts quickly enough.

What does the ring gear and diff look like?

For the slipper, if you aren’t breaking diffs and the truck is working well I would keep using what you have.

The input gear looks dirty and a bit worn. I think you could use it, but if it was me I would replace it since you have it all disassembled. If you can get the parts quickly enough.

What does the ring gear and diff look like?

For the slipper, if you aren’t breaking diffs and the truck is working well I would keep using what you have.
OK i ordered 2 input gears, diff gaskets and diff oil, that's it
I'm not gonna touch the slipper

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back