Typhon Typhon 3s!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Typhon 3s,new to Arrma equipment,not to R/C.I’m pretty impressed with what I see with this buggy.
Have‘nt run it yet as the weather is still crap here in N.Illinois.Already installed a few goodies namely the 6s shocks,HR aluminum rod end balls and an eBay chassis protector.Also got an 8000 mAh 3s battery for it.
Have been into the SC trucks (Traxxas) for the past several years running 2s only so a 3s 1/8 scale buggy is going to be pretty exiting once the weather breaks.I can’t wait!!!😁

View attachment 129297

View attachment 129298

View attachment 129299

View attachment 129300
What upgrades have you done? I myself have a 3s typhon with several different gearing options. I'm looking to upgrade my power system though, either 4s or 6s. I also am a traxxas guy but my rustler 2wd and mini e revo have a lot of upgrades.

I also really like my typhon 3s, insane beast.

For some reason mine came with a fan on servo AND engine. Haven't seen any other stock typhon 3s with a fan on the engine, any reason why?

Also, whoever put the stickers on the chassis at the factory is really bad at it, tons of bubbles.. : /
Lori's 3s Typhon came with fans stock on both, do did my Senton 3s

157899866_429276298334580_2698656949206635546_n.jpg

For some reason mine came with a fan on servo AND engine. Haven't seen any other stock typhon 3s with a fan on the engine, any reason why?

Also, whoever put the stickers on the chassis at the factory is really bad at it, tons of bubbles.. : /
The v3 blx range have upgraded electronics (motor, servo, receiver, transmitter) courtesy of spectrum, as they both fall under horizon hobby’s ownership. The old arrma branded motor didn’t have a fan, this one does, can’t say I know why, same kv rating, same gearing, same top speed as far as I know. Maybe some v2 models got hot, all I know is my v3 granite never gets hot, although it is winter.

My typhon 3s also has a fan on both the esc and motor...they are the newer models I believe. I'm definitely looking to upgrade the motor and esc to at least 4s capability. I have different gearing options as well.
Ya. All newer models. I have other builds I'm working on as well. This is my first arrma and they're awesome cars! Stability is incredible and they're very durable and run great in most conditions.

Like the 6S shocks on your rig! Which Seller on eBay did you get the chassis protector from and was it easy to put on? Can you remove the chassis protector later on if it becomes worn
or do you just cover over it with another chassis protector? I've thinking of getting one for my Typhon 3s and Infraction V2:).

rcdecals is the eBay seller.Its a stick on protector,made from same material as motocross decals.Very easy to put on,I like the way it fit.

Heres a better pic of chassis protector.It’s glossy and conforms to the chassis pretty well.I’ve had these same protectors on my Slash 4x4’s.
I say get one!😁

4255BA31-E9FA-4C72-808E-398947C2B942.jpeg

Decided to put a truck body on the Typhon.
Proline 17’ Raptor with Arrma truck body mounts.👍🏻

FA70DF76-970D-43A6-8A95-63B0CE43E5E9.jpeg

0F3F5214-88D2-4988-954B-769644EDFB7B.jpeg

ic5's or xt90's.......the rest are not worth it. I go Xt90's as they are a good bit cheaper.

This 👆👆 I'm exactly the same 😂

Wasn’t feeling the Raptor body,decided to put a beetle body on it.
Ebay body,haven’t decided on paint scheme yet.

8C5F3F89-6C05-440F-AEB3-BBD12BB90324.jpeg

ED47EE6F-D3FC-4A6A-AA8A-13B01AAD1781.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back