Typhon Typhon 6s battery(ies)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DallasFromOnt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon Mega
So I just got a new (to me) Typhon 6s V5, and went to try to put two 3s batteries in, (Dynamite DYNB5035H5), and they won't fit under the body shell. They fit in the battery holder just fine, but the body shell won't fit once the battery holder has been expanded to fit both batteries. Do I need to just buy a single 6s Lipo for this thing?

You can raise the rear body mount a bit for battery clearance. Also, when you stack the batteries try to put them on their edge, not on the flat bottom like usual. With most batteries you’ll have a little shorter stack.
If you run a single pack look at the measurements carefully to make sure it’ll fit the battery tray, especially for 6s bricks. I feel no need to run 6s in any of my Typhons. They are screamers on 4s and don’t break as often.
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the advice. You are the 3rd person to advise to stick to 4S, so I think I will just do that instead. Any recommendations on good 4s batteries that won't break my bank?

Thanks for the advice. You are the 3rd person to advise to stick to 4S, so I think I will just do that instead. Any recommendations on good 4s batteries that won't break my bank?
I run cheap batteries in my bashers. I’ve had great luck with Zeee batteries, I have a couple Hoovos, etc. Just order the highest MaH 4s with a EC5 that will fit in the tray.
And seriously, a Typhon is just flat ridiculous on 6s. Too much. Harder to drive, breaks drivetrain parts more often, etc. On my Typhon street bashers I can’t even pull full throttle on 4s unless it’s a long, smooth pull or all four wheels just start spinning, even at high speeds. These are fast, fun rigs. Enjoy!

Cnhl makes really good batteries for the price
Really good price @ Island hobby nut
1684160127898.png

Screenshot_20230515-091431_Samsung Internet.jpg

I love to run my Typhons on 5s!
The CHNL 5s 40c 4Ah lipos have been excellent, great balance between weight, runtime and power.

You guys are crazy!! Unless you are a newbie, 6s all the way in the Typhon!! It's a blast and handles fine, street bashing or off road. 😁 (y) :ROFLMAO:

Also if you do want a little more speed without the all out 6s, run your 4s with the speed pinion. On 100% like running 6s, drop to 75% a little less than 6 but a little more than 4. 50% is like 4s with 4s power. I do run 6s in the ones with stock pinion, but run 50-75% to keep from breaking things. Everything is made for what it says, but actually rated to run lower. So 6s is better to run on 4, just want a little more speed, up the pinion. 8s, 6s will keep you from breakage, 3s, 2s will keep from breakage and so on. Also during hot months will allow for longer runs without getting so hot so quick. Hope this helps even though a little late to the party. 🤙 And did lift the body mounts in the back so that the bottom hole of the mount is the only one screwed in at the top mount hole for more room.

You guys are crazy!! Unless you are a newbie, 6s all the way in the Typhon!! It's a blast and handles fine, street bashing or off road. 😁 (y) :ROFLMAO:
I'm with you man. Even on a circuit (admittedly tarmac 7th scale) i'm miserable when I've ran out of 6s' and only 4s left(bought for track purpose)... nothing like the hurtling scream of 6s

I'm with you man. Even on a circuit (admittedly tarmac 7th scale) i'm miserable when I've ran out of 6s' and only 4s left(bought for track purpose)... nothing like the hurtling scream of 6s
Ya I had someone think something was going wrong in mine because of it sounding like a jet taking off, I said nope, what you hear is a 28 tooth pinion and a 38 tooth spool doing about 90. 🤣

Also if you do want a little more speed without the all out 6s, run your 4s with the speed pinion. On 100% like running 6s, drop to 75% a little less than 6 but a little more than 4. 50% is like 4s with 4s power. I do run 6s in the ones with stock pinion, but run 50-75% to keep from breaking things. Everything is made for what it says, but actually rated to run lower. So 6s is better to run on 4, just want a little more speed, up the pinion. 8s, 6s will keep you from breakage, 3s, 2s will keep from breakage and so on. Also during hot months will allow for longer runs without getting so hot so quick. Hope this helps even though a little late to the party. 🤙 And did lift the body mounts in the back so that the bottom hole of the mount is the only one screwed in at the top mount hole for more room.
Many choose to toss that RTR radio with the 50/75/100% limiter thing there. Including myself.
So gearing will be the best way to dial in speed. 4s is fine for the Typhon. The chassis is well balanced for a 4s lipo. Crossweight and all.
Running 6s packs not so much.
It is way overpowered on 6s.
Can I hande it? Yes.
Do I enjoy it? NO, not at all.
It's just balls to the wall, undriveable. It is way too much on the edge. Typhon is just a light SWB, narrow track chassis. 4s is great.
6s on dirt is ludicrous, breaking and wearing out driveline parts needlessly, if anything.
It never hooks up, just wheelspins constantly, Sliding around and not really Driving it around. (n) Many like that Sliding around thing going though. :unsure: Maybe it is some right of passage thing? :LOL:
This is a 1/8 buggy. Not a heavier monster truck with big MT tires. Usually weighing 4+ pounds more, including the added weight of the MT tires.

Last edited:
Many choose to toss that RTR radio with the 50/75/100% limiter thing there. Including myself.
So gearing will be the best way to dial in speed. 4s is fine for the Typhon. The chassis is well balanced for a 4s lipo. Crossweight and all.
Can I hande it? Yes.
It's just balls to the wall, undriveable. It is way too much on the edge. Typhon is just a light SWB, narrow track chassis. 4s is great.
6s on dirt is ludicrous, breaking and wearing out driveline parts needlessly, if anything.
It never hooks up, just wheelspins constantly, Sliding around and not really Driving it around. (n) Many like that Sliding around thing going though. :unsure: Maybe it is some right of passage thing? :LOL:
This is a 1/8 buggy. Not a heavier monster truck with big MT tires. Usually weighing 4+ pounds more, including the added weight of the MT tires.
Just summed up my best friend on his farm my TLR on 4S vs his Typhon 6S v5. Too much power, out of control breaks each time. With the large 21 or 22T pinion I have on @ 4S we run even....yes in a long straight run he has more lipos for the win we are not running it like that. It's a bashing track and TLR is excellent under that power to handle his v5.

(y)

+1
I don't know how or why guys do it? No clue.
My 4s TLRT is at 60mph with the 22/50. Runs cool as heck, ( all Sensored 2250kv) and honestly how can you drive any faster than 60mph in the dirt or grass anyway. Offroad. 50mph is pushing it offroad with this 1/8 small buggy.
For dedicated Speed running setups, the Typhon does shine. On pavement. 6s and even 8s is common there.

Last edited:
Can I hande it? Yes.
I pretty much only kept it 4s and threw the Dboot Fortress tire on it and it was a blast. Then running in a parking lot after work one night a car came flying pass so I left it by the curb and watched as she aimed for it and, with a Cadillac, both front and rear tire rolled over it. I wash in shock. Not one penny spent on repairs as I have backup screws and straightened out the front tower and lower hinge pin. Bought it from a slider, so it was the second time building it. Decided since I was going to 🤔 ,have Kraton, Outcast and Fireteam as well, I'm going for speed and road runs for the Typhon. Not trying to hit triple digits but 85-90 is good now. And if it happens again, just blip the throttle and I'm quicker than they are. She ran over it tower to tower which kept her off the electronics. I was running freshly charged NEW batteries and my butt puckered. 🤣🤣🤣

I lost a pan car the same way. Mine was a total loss . All Carbon Fibered out also. :cry: I think only the motor was spared of all the parts crushed.
You got lucky this one time.
Just hope there is no next time.:LOL:

I was having the same issue with mine but I have an gensacearespammers Advanced 6S Lipo with a hard case and it’s huge! I tried raising them by only using one screw for each mount but even that didn’t work. So I made these custom body mounts which took some time to figure out but now I can fit any size 6S battery or stacked 3S batteries and the body shell will fit no problem. And they look pretty trick too! Hopefully this gives you an idea to fix your issue. I love rubbing my TLR on 6S always…it loves all the extra power.

A4CAD101-D5E1-4BE7-A2BB-22C6A24DBF82.jpeg

There are limited size 6s lipos that fit under a stock mounted 1/8 Typhon body without raising the whole Buggy body/mounts, if you get stuck buying a too large and tall lipo, raising the body will always help.
If you first consider what the recommended Typhon Lipo dimension listed in the manual is there should be NO issues when buying lipos.
158mm L x48mm (wide) x51 Tall. The lipo needs to be no higher than 51 mm. Where everyone messes up. Or they try and squeeze their high capacity K6s or other lipo packs inside the Typhon. The lipo tray is identical for ALL 6s models. The buggy body is the main difference. Very low and snug to the chassis. How it's supposed to be.
Still say 4s is where its at with the Typhon. Just me. And there are many more sizes that will fit with a 51mm height with 4s packs.
All while being lighter. Bashing it on 4s is all you need.
Sure 6s is dramatic and faster. That alone is "bragging rights" for some I guess. Why woudn't it be? The wow factor and all. But the dam thing is just not driveable to me on 6s. I am not aftraid of 6s packs, all my other rigs are on 6s and fine.
I rather Drive my rig , not Power Slide it constantly to get around. Waste of power IMHO. Just heavier all around. Left side is always too heavy with the 6s.
This is a light 1/8 rig to be fair. Mine is 8.25 pounds full running weight. Perfectly balanced with 4s. 58-60 mph does well for me on 4s. 22/50. How much faster can you even drive in the dirt? Whether on 4S or 6S. Typhon Durability also takes a hit with 6s every time. Tried it both ways. For speed running 6s is the goal for many. That's not really bashing around however.
And many cry about having poor traction, and looking for the best tires for their 6s Typhon. It is a 1/8 Buggy not a Monster truck . Designed around 4s lipos from the beginning.
My argument is that any RC can become overpowered, and just because we can, is not the best reason. We all RC differently.
This is only my perspective.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back