Typhon 6s bigger tires: when are spiral gear diffs needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've seen people mention that 2.8MT tires are about the biggest that should be put on the stock 6s Typhon because it doesn't have the spiral diff gears like the Kraton/Outcast/etc. Are the spiral gears compatible with the stock Typhon diff cases? Or is it cheaper/easier to just buy some diffs from JRC? I am planning to go up on tire size once I burn through the stack of buggy tires I have. May go with 2.8MT size, but would like the option to throw a Kraton 4s body with some Backflip LP's for increased ground clearance.

Typhon can run any tire a Noto/Outcast/Kraton can on the stock diffs until you run out of body clearance. All Arrmas were on straight cut diff gears until EXB was released last year. There is no reason to consider them a weak point if you have them shimmed and set. If you want to upgrade to EXBs, buy them complete because you need everything, not just the center section. The EXB diffs are good, too, but not really as game changing as it seems on paper.

Good to know, will eventually widen my Typhon, just not sure how much. Will at least add Kraton axles/hubs/hexes and thinking of going with Mojave arms and driveshafts if I want to run something bigger than 2.8 mt tires.

2.8s fit with wide hubs and typhon arms. Mojo arms will get you back into 6 inchers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back