Typhon Typhon 6s Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blight23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone! I just traded for an arrma typhon 6s yesterday and know nothing about the hobby. So I figured the best place to start is here so here I am. I've done some reading on how to identify which version of typhon I have but without really knowing which bits are what I'm struggling. Would anyone be willing to help me along in my journey, please? Thanks in advance

20230627_171941.jpg

20230627_172012.jpg

20230627_172027.jpg

20230627_172033.jpg

20230627_172059.jpg

20230627_171856.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I have three Typhons at the moment, but they’ve all been so heavily modded I can’t really identify the telling features. The ESC looks pre-V5 though. I’m sure someone here can quote this chapter and verse, and I’ll bet they will any minute!

It has an old style motor mount, that should narrow it down a bit.

It's a V2 or V3. They're almost identical so it's hard to tell them apart. V1 uses different electronics package, V2 and V3 look like your truck, and V4 uses the new motor mount. That's all I could find on your truck.

Ok well that narrows it down. I appreciate all the input and the welcomes.

It's a V2 or V3. They're almost identical so it's hard to tell them apart. V1 uses different electronics package, V2 and V3 look like your truck, and V4 uses the new motor mount. That's all I could find on your truck.
Pretty sure it's a V3 as they added the ribbing to the diff cases that wasnt on the V2.

I would say it's mostly V3, the only thing i find different is the top steering deck which is from the V5 (and doesn't really adds nothing but to support a M4 screw for the chassis brace, if you'd use one like this in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back