Typhon Typhon 6s ready for truggie mode. Complete! Now it's a Hybrid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took my Typhon out of "truggified" mode ,( but left the Kraton parts so it is wider ) don't care for it in that form with the bigger tires , put stock tires back on and 16t pinion .
I run mine with the bigger tires so that I can run it on the grass, dirt and I can rotate it in the air. When I go back to running on the the pavement, I put the original wheels on. It's not about looks for me, it's about functionality.

What didn’t you like about it?
With the bigger tires and 300k in the center diff , it is to much of a "wheelie machine " . I like to pull the throttle and have acceleration , not wheelies , while I do like when it is in the air when jumping , it can easily do back flips and can adjust fast , it is still to " touchy " for my liking . I prefer my Talion over this model as far as jumping goes . With the wider stance now and stock tires it handles really well as it is down lower now.

With the bigger tires and 300k in the center diff , it is to much of a "wheelie machine " . I like to pull the throttle and have acceleration , not wheelies , while I do like when it is in the air when jumping , it can easily do back flips and can adjust fast , it is still to " touchy " for my liking . I prefer my Talion over this model as far as jumping goes . With the wider stance now and stock tires it handles really well as it is down lower now.
Well you can lower the punch setting to #1 and that dramatically lessens the wheelies on 4s. Yeah, on 6s, even on punch #1, it whrelies like a demon.

Update on my Typhon 6s. I've been having a blast with this thing. My most durable Arrma rig.
Great idea with the smaller wing. I've been running mine mostly on road, but watching your video made me want to put my MX 2.8's back on and give it a real good bashing.

I have been running these truggy tyres on my truffyfied Typhon and on 4s it's crazy.I have 60/500/30 in my diffs but might lower the centre to maybe 200 or 300 as it Shellie's like crazy with 500 in the centre.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_130650.jpg
    IMG_20200413_130650.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 47
I have been running these truggy tyres on my truffyfied Typhon and on 4s it's crazy.I have 60/500/30 in my diffs but might lower the centre to maybe 200 or 300 as it Shellie's like crazy with 500 in the centre.

What wheels and tires are those?

Yes I did with the kraton hubs and hexes.On 4s it's nearly as fast as my kraton on 6s.
With the 15t pinion it looks and feels like my Typhon 6s running 4s is faster than my Kraton 6s on 6s on grass.

OK, now that I installed the powerhobby fans and heat sink, is it time for a 19 tooth or 18 tooth pinion? Or are my Mx 28 tires going to explode? They already look like pizza cutters with the 15t pinion. Vented and gorilla taped. ?
20200422_071235.jpg

I had sold this little guy, my friend got tired of it, so I bought it back! I can't believe how fun this thing is. Rocking a v5 body and proline trenchers 2.8 tires. I'm never selling it again
20211001_111520.jpg

Last edited:
In going to try out these 3.8 tires from Pro-Line tomorrow. They fit pretty well. I don't see them rubbing on the body. These came with my Mojave, but they are too big for that truck

20211002_160707.jpg

20211002_160715.jpg

20211002_160724.jpg

Drop your punch setting down, if you cant get your trigger finger under control. SWB rigs just love to wheelie. Nothing new.:LOL:
So basically you have a Notorious/OC chassis now, if it is truggified.(y):)

Drop your punch setting down, if you cant get your trigger finger under control. SWB rigs just love to wheelie. Nothing new.:LOL:
So basically you have a Notorious/OC chassis now, if it is truggified.(y):)
But more stable if you go back to buggie tires when ripping around on the pavement. That's what I do!

I put some well deserved upgrades on my little beast. Rear bulkhead replaced with the HR aluminum one, HR hinge pin blocks and HR shock rod end.

20211007_185919.jpg
20211007_185932.jpg
20211007_185840.jpg
20211007_185845.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back