Typhon Typhon Destroyed but rebuilding better badder faster!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaFreek2022

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
So recently I was running in a public park and as luck would have it someone ran over my Stretched Typhon/Talion. Pictured below. After the crash and after the disappointment diminished I saw it as a opportunity.

So I started on a project I was putting off. I Love stretching the Typhon all ways lol but there is never enough room under the hood. So Since I had a Limitless body laying around and I had seen someone on here cut it to fit the 1/8 chassis I figured, why not.

I always like the idea of putting the Lim front on a Typhon so here is my chance. Most of this stuff I got from here this great Forum.

The first pic is basically the before picture.

I'm gonna do this in several posts as I don't wanna make this too boring.

Edit:
Damages:
MMX8s housing and fan about 25 bucks
CNHL brand new 6S 6200 racing battery cost me 80bucks
Front diff case, diff and main input survived
RPM arms survived, yup
Rear was mostly in tacked
Front servo saver assembly, gone
all 4 tires
chassis was crushed.

Plan:
Make a speedrun car
Use Kraton 6s Chassis
Talion Rear - (I just wanna try it, I know it will make it slower but I wanna see how it looks and runs)
Limitless front with spoiler and cover
Side skirts, also 3D printing some wedges off of perfect pass ones Raz makes to make them level
Cut and use a Limitless body for extra room under the hood
Carbon fiber wing more for speed runs

IMG_20220709_161315~2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah been run over by a car once before. Came close several times thereafter. A girl learning how to drive on a deserted street one Easter Sunday. She started crying, thought she ran over my Dog. Because I was running down the street yelling stop stop. The father even offered me a $10.00 bill. :rolleyes:I said keep it, thanks anyway. Technically my fault being on the street anyway. Right?
Man that sucks. My worst RC nightmare. I seriously had a dream about that once before. It was that devastating for me. Many years back. Total loss.

So recently I was running in a public park and as luck would have it someone ran over my Stretched Typhon/Talion. Pictured below. After the crash and after the disappointment diminished I saw it as a opportunity.

So I started on a project I was putting off. I Love stretching the Typhon all ways lol but there is never enough room under the hood. So Since I had a Limitless body laying around and I had seen someone on here cut it to fit the 1/8 chassis I figured, why not.

I always like the idea of putting the Lim front on a Typhon so here is my chance. Most of this stuff I got from here this great Forum.

The first pic is basically the before picture.

I'm gonna do this in several posts as I don't wanna make this too boring.

View attachment 327211

Sorry for your lost!

Hate to bring up bad experiences...
But any After photos?

Was it a hit and run??

Hi gang, happy Thursday, hope you are all doing well as you read this, if not I hope it all gets better...

Welp...I'm gonna start with the front spoiler. I have gotten some great info as always from you guys on the forum. So I cut the front Lim bumper undercarriage to fit the Kraton Chassis a little flatter a little tighter. So I cut a square piece where the diff dimple protrudes from. This way the bumper fits tighter against the chassis. Next I grinded a little off the edges to make sure it was as flat as possible against the chassis. Worked out well so far.

What you guys think?

IMG_20231012_104933.jpg

IMG_20231012_105026.jpg

IMG_20231012_110442.jpg

Just wanted to post an update. As you can see I'm using crash left over parts from my Limitless. I am happy the way it came out. I cut and used the old Limitless body as I always wanted more room under the hood than the Typhon provides. I customized some side skirts I got off King Hobby on Ebay.

NOTE:

I had a friend print me some wedges to get rid of the angled set of the side skirts. They now sit nice and flat. I copied Razz's wedge and have the file if anyone needs it. I think someone should start printing them and selling them, think it be a good idea to have side skirts on everything on road.

She's basically a 1/8 Limitless haha. Rear I left alone just for now. She still has a Talion rear. I'll swap it out for the short arms but will enjoy the crazy for now.

I tested her at 107 on 30/40 gearing and the 2200kv castle and mmx8s. Going out for a harder run this weekend weather permitting.

I attached the Lim front spoiler cover. I like it so far.

IMG_20231011_093213.jpg

IMG_20231011_093228.jpg

IMG_20231017_114516.jpg

phoenix1.jpg

IMG_20231016_204629.jpg

Yeah been run over by a car once before. Came close several times thereafter. A girl learning how to drive on a deserted street one Easter Sunday. She started crying, thought she ran over my Dog. Because I was running down the street yelling stop stop. The father even offered me a $10.00 bill. :rolleyes:I said keep it, thanks anyway. Technically my fault being on the street anyway. Right?
Man that sucks. My worst RC nightmare. I seriously had a dream about that once before. It was that devastating for me. Many years back. Total loss.
sorry for that painfull experience, i would have fall to ground and started crying on the spot even though im 34yr old.

just to confirm its not a typo. did the father offered you $10 or $1000? cause you cant even buy a cooling fan for $10 :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back