Senton Upgrade to velineon vxl-3s 3500 system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasce209

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I was gifted this system and will like to know if anyone is already running this system in their Senton Mega 4x4, or if it would be compatible to do so??

If so, do I need to change any other stock parts. Thanks for helping this rookie...

Dang!! This is a question I also have only to find no answer here... :(

Can anyone provide any guidance here? @Plasce209, did you ever find your answer?

I am new to Arrmas and don't have any motor swap experience. For my son's birthday I am looking to take the motor/esc from my Rustler VXL (Velineon vxl-3s 3500) and putting it into his Senton Mega. Will this work?

What other parts should I consider along with this upgrade? Since the Mega and BLX share the same platform are the part compatible? Can I upgrade the Mega with parts from a BLX?

Dang!! This is a question I also have only to find no answer here... :(

Can anyone provide any guidance here? @Plasce209, did you ever find your answer?

I am new to Arrmas and don't have any motor swap experience. For my son's birthday I am looking to take the motor/esc from my Rustler VXL (Velineon vxl-3s 3500) and putting it into his Senton Mega. Will this work?

What other parts should I consider along with this upgrade? Since the Mega and BLX share the same platform are the part compatible? Can I upgrade the Mega with parts from a BLX?

Yes, you can put that system in the Senton Mega it will work. The other parts I would consider are getting the 17t HD inputs (AR310773) to replace the rear input gear at least since the diff input gears have a plastic shaft and the HD has a metal shaft. I tried the VXL motor in my Granite can't remember what I had it geared at but it was fast, with enough power but ran a little hotter than I cared for. On the Mega though with the way it's geared it should be a good upgrade over the stock brushed system for sure. I would get an adjustable motor mount though to open up more pinion choices and set your own gear mesh. The BLX adjustable mount (AR310898) would be the one I would get you can use it with the Mega and BLX slipper assy but they do make one for the Mega as well.

Yes, you can upgrade to BLX parts and may end up doing so in a short amount of time. But I would just run it as is and when the time comes if and when things strip out move onto upgrading with BLX parts. The BLX comes with a 0.8mod (32p) spur vs the 48p in the Mega. The slipper assy is also upgraded to handle more power. The BLX has metal input gears, bigger teeth on the input gears and bigger teeth on the ring gears of the diffs.

I and others usually say just buy a BLX instead of upgrading a Mega but you already have a system you want to throw in so a BLX conversion with some parts from a kit breaker like Jennys RC won't cost a whole lot. You can just wait for if or when things strip to upgrade.

Yes, you can put that system in the Senton Mega it will work. The other parts I would consider are getting the 17t HD inputs (AR310773) to replace the rear input gear at least since the diff input gears have a plastic shaft and the HD has a metal shaft. I tried the VXL motor in my Granite can't remember what I had it geared at but it was fast, with enough power but ran a little hotter than I cared for. On the Mega though with the way it's geared it should be a good upgrade over the stock brushed system for sure. I would get an adjustable motor mount though to open up more pinion choices and set your own gear mesh. The BLX adjustable mount (AR310898) would be the one I would get you can use it with the Mega and BLX slipper assy but they do make one for the Mega as well.

Yes, you can upgrade to BLX parts and may end up doing so in a short amount of time. But I would just run it as is and when the time comes if and when things strip out move onto upgrading with BLX parts. The BLX comes with a 0.8mod (32p) spur vs the 48p in the Mega. The slipper assy is also upgraded to handle more power. The BLX has metal input gears, bigger teeth on the input gears and bigger teeth on the ring gears of the diffs.

I and others usually say just buy a BLX instead of upgrading a Mega but you already have a system you want to throw in so a BLX conversion with some parts from a kit breaker like Jennys RC won't cost a whole lot. You can just wait for if or when things strip to upgrade.
@Cheapbastard, thanks for the guidance! I have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to sharing some projects I have lined up for my son's Senton Mega and my Senton 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back